• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

who can design web pages?

Started by Jared, September 23, 2008, 08:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared

i'd like to make a website for the main purpose of releasing my music for free online, with paypal donations as a possibility. it would just be  a very basic site with a couple photos, bio, maybe a news section, and of course the audio. i have very little money. could anyone do this for cheap?

NH Native

I've used hostbaby.com before.

$20/mo.  $200/yr if payed up front.

Unlimited bandwidth.  Good customer service.

They also have a bunch of templates you can choose from where all you have to do is fill in the content and you have a site up inside a couple of hours.

If you don't go over bandwidth on the cheaper sites, it may be better to go with one of them though, but multimedia uses quite a bit of bandwidth and if your site gets too popular, you might be getting charged a lot more than you'd expect.

Perilous

dalebert

I think he's talking about designing the site; not hosting. For hosting, you can get really good hosting from J'Raxis for less than $20/mo. In fact, I think it would be no more than $10 and he's a really good admin with great technical knowledge, security, etc. He'd be a lot more accessible than most of these hosting services in case you ever had a problem. And the icing is that he's a very active free-stater. I'm speaking as a satisfied customer, btw. AIYH is hosted by him.

Jared

...anyone? i mean, it doesn't have to be mind blowing. just a simple site that doesn't look horrible. i can pay, just not a ton

margomaps

Quote from: Jared on September 29, 2008, 09:46 PM NHFT
...anyone? i mean, it doesn't have to be mind blowing. just a simple site that doesn't look horrible. i can pay, just not a ton

I'm sending you a PM about this.

Porcupine Realtor

I've been pleased with the hosting service provided by Jraxis (Jeremy).  It's affordable and the customer service is excellent.  He can also do basic websites and SEO.

For high-profile site design with Flash effects, see Lou/Shyfrog. 

Organjic

I could do some designing for Shire Hours!