• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Town of Northfield/Avitar has randomly selected MY house for an interior inspect

Started by Hubbard, September 24, 2008, 11:23 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Quote from: Hubbard on September 25, 2008, 12:30 PM NHFT
They know bedroom/bathroom and square footage already. I really don't want them walking around my house...

I understand your concerns I don't even like my family walking around my place. I see it as my little piece of sanctuary and the less intrusions in to that piece of my life the better.

Porcupine_in_MA

These "in home" inspections are the ultimate insulting example of the fact that the government owns your property.

Romak

If you don't let them in than they will just assume what you have in your home based on past reports they have. Its possible they will overvalue your home and your taxes will be raised at which point you can argue with what they put on their reports and how they are wrong in their assessment. I didn't let my town in either, they just took a walk around the exterior of the home and placed a value. I'm positive they don't have the right to make you let them in, but I'm pretty sure they are within the law in taking a stroll around the exterior to place value. Good luck!

freeborn

Hope this gets settled before Rectum George declares martial law because after that they can do anything they want.

Clean and oil your guns and stock up on ammunition. You may need it. :-[

Dave Ridley

there is also the option of having someone videotape the whole process and put it on youtube.  you could ask the inspector moral questions while he's inspecting.   

if you do this i'd recommend being very polite and informing them in advance of your intentions.

John Edward Mercier

Quote from: freeborn on September 25, 2008, 03:48 PM NHFT
Hope this gets settled before Rectum George declares martial law because after that they can do anything they want.

Martial law with what? All the troops are overseas... :D

freeborn

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on September 26, 2008, 07:23 AM NHFT

Good. My ammunition will last a lot longer that way.

grasshopper

::)  Aww come on, your property belongs to them anyways, ask them.
  Hey, we could have a gun cleaning party there and practice clearing your property!  Naa, they'd call Homeland Security. ::)

slim

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on September 26, 2008, 07:23 AM NHFT

They do have some troops deployed throughout the US but I think that they are called police. Now that they pretty much all have armored vehicles the only difference between the police and the army is the uniforms they wear.

Hubbard

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 25, 2008, 05:58 PM NHFT
there is also the option of having someone videotape the whole process and put it on youtube.  you could ask the inspector moral questions while he's inspecting.   

if you do this i'd recommend being very polite and informing them in advance of your intentions.

Hm. That is an option... Another issue is they want to inspect on a weekday 9-5ish. I work 7pm to 7am. I don't have time for their BS.

Hubbard

Quote from: grasshopper on September 26, 2008, 01:13 PM NHFT
::)  Aww come on, your property belongs to them anyways, ask them.
  Hey, we could have a gun cleaning party there and practice clearing your property!  Naa, they'd call Homeland Security. ::)

I tell people this and they get confused... Then I tell them to stop paying property taxes and see what happens.