• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

They Got Kat Too!

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, September 24, 2008, 12:42 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Caleb on October 08, 2008, 09:57 PM NHFT
No, I meant the non-caged world.

Some people might be in a comfy prison out here. Kat is free.

We may be free in our minds, but leaving the prison yard can be a trick without bowing to the state.   :P   Getting into Canada is pretty easy, but the prison guards there want papers too.

It wasn't my intent to be a downer, so I'll leave this potential thread derailing discussion at this point.

Sam A. Robrin

Incidentally, purchased where it was, I also had the option of a postcard depicting an armed and scowling Geronimo.  The greeting "Endeavor to persevere" popped immediately into my head . . .  Then I realized the reactrion that was likely to get, and settled for something a little less incendiary!

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 08, 2008, 02:24 PM NHFT
"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose..."

Can you explain that line to me?  I've never been able to figure it out, and even rewrote the song myself to bring it more into my own realm of understanding.  Am I missing something, or was Kris Kristofferson?

Free libertarian

Nice article Kat.  Your recent trial and some of my drivel on the first amendment etc.  may get a mention in the "other" Grafton paper in an article in the Nov. issue too.  A sincere thank you to you and Lauren for having the courage to do what you did. I learned alot by watching the two trials...However, contrary to the belief of certain Federal Prosecutors I am not inspired to commit dangerous acts by your non violent approach...I know it's hard to believe.  ;D

Caleb

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on October 08, 2008, 10:30 PM NHFT
Can you explain that line to me?  I've never been able to figure it out, and even rewrote the song myself to bring it more into my own realm of understanding.  Am I missing something, or was Kris Kristofferson?

Speaking of that song, does anyone else always think this when they hear it:

"Is that a harpoon in your dirty red bandana, or are you just happy to see me."
;D

Pat K

Kat Kanning

Incidentally, purchased where it was, I also had the option of a postcard depicting an armed and scowling Geronimo.  The greeting "Endeavor to persevere" popped immediately into my head . . .  Then I realized the reactrion that was likely to get, and settled for something a little less incendiary!

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 08, 2008, 02:24 PM NHFT
"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose..."

The postcard was rather nostalgic for me :)  My family is all from Oklahoma.

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose:  having nothing left that they can take from you feels freeing! 

Pat K

Quote from: Caleb on October 08, 2008, 10:39 PM NHFT

Speaking of that song, does anyone else always think this when they hear it:

"Is that a harpoon in your dirty red bandana, or are you just happy to see me."
;D

No, that's just you. Our commie pervert.  ;D

Kat Kanning

I'm done with the article now, Ian.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Free libertarian on October 08, 2008, 10:32 PM NHFT
contrary to the belief of certain Federal Prosecutors I am not inspired to commit dangerous acts by your non violent approach...

Neither am I.  Their violent approach, on the other hand . . .

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 09, 2008, 02:33 AM NHFT

The postcard was rather nostalgic for me :)  My family is all from Oklahoma.

Have we met?  I've been active (off and on, mostly the former . . .) around here since 1976.

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 09, 2008, 02:33 AM NHFT
Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose:  having nothing left that they can take from you feels freeing! 

As long as you have your life, they have something they can take.  And beyond that, there's family . . .

Kat Kanning

Mike Barskey

Great article, Kat. It explains what happened in clear, direct language, so the reader has less opportunity in their mind to excuse the behavior of the government thugs. A read will be less likely to assume "Well, Kat must have done [i[something[/i] to deserve to be thrown to the ground, otherwise cops wouldn't be violent with her," since you explained the happenings up to that point.

And the finale is fantastic, starting with Jim's poem. The tone of the article changes and you address the reader directly, and even ask them questions - the reader is essentially put into a position where they can't help but think about what they've just read.

Again: welcome out. I look forward to seeing you Saturday.

Raineyrocks

Kat,

That is an excellent article.  When you do print it can I have extra copies to distribute up this way?   I'm going to try my best to make it Saturday but I don't know if you'll have copies by then, can you let me know?

Thanks Kat and I don't want to forget this for you and Lauren:   :hug: :hug: :hug:

Russell Kanning

the box in concord will have lots of papers in it ... when she finishes it

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 09, 2008, 07:45 AM NHFT
I'm done with the article now, Ian.

Is it on the NHFree Press site yet?  I don't see it.  I'd like to point listeners there when we talk about it.