• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Pictures of New Hampshire

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, September 24, 2008, 06:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Porcupine on September 26, 2008, 09:52 AM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on September 26, 2008, 09:05 AM NHFT
Hi Kevin!  :)

Here's some nice ones of when we went hiking and I have more I'll post below. 

Where is this Rainey? Great shots.

Thanks!  :)   The first 3 pictures are in Franconia Notch and the next 3 are in Sandwich Notch Mountains.   I love to hike in the winter too; when the waterfalls are frozen and just a tiny bit of water is trickling down from the icicles, it's so pretty.   

AntonLee

pics from Hampton Beach Maritime Memorial and Fort Constitution in New Castle.  Funny story actually, the Fort is located behind the Coast Guard Station err the government built a coast guard station right in front of the Fort so that you have to travel through the station to get to it.  Follow the blue line on the ground, or you're a terrorist!  Well, it was still covered with snow, so I saw no blue line, and the gate was shut.  Fortunately, the vehicle side of the gate was opened for a vehicle when I walked down to the fence.  I entered through that portion as the visitor's area side was padlocked shut.  I was minding my own business, not bothering anyone.  I did have my camera on me to take some pictures of Portsmouth Light.  Of course, the Coast Guard will not allow you to go down to the lighthouse, signs up all over stating that you are entering US PROPERTY and that there is NO TRESPASSING!   This is obviously to stop the terrorists.  One side, has a large fence.   It would be quite a pain to climb such a fence if you were a terrorist.

But if you are a terrorist, if you wanted entry into the area where the Coast Guard lives, or if you wanted to attack the always sought after target of the Portsmouth Lighthouse, you could go down a tunnel in the open Fort Constitution.  The last photo is what you'll see.  You'll see a sign, being held by 3, 2x4's. . . a guard that can stop a terrorist in their tracks. . . . end of the line evil terrorist!

Homeland Security was hanging around there as well, I guess it's normal now since everything changed on 9/11. . . I finished my pictures and walked back to the fence.  It was now shut.  I stood there for a minute, turned around to wave to the tower (no one was in it).  I decided to see if the fence was electrified, it wasn't.  I pushed the fence a little and it slid open on its own.  Nice.  A coast guard person showed up in their car to get out and see what I was doing walking out a gate. . . he asked why I was there.  I said I was taking pictures and he said that the fort was closed if the visitors side was padlocked shut.  I stated "Interesting" and I kept walking to my car.

fools, I already have the pictures.

Soundwave

In Keene, down the street from my house:

Somewhere in Peterbourough:

From the top of Mount Monadnock in January:

AntonLee

holy shi-

those are awesome!  I love the snowscene and the top of that mountain!

dalebert

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteIn Keene, down the street from my house:

I love teh snow!

FTL_Ian

Here's a fake panoramic version of the above photo.  I was driving to a garage sale out in Peterborough, looked over and saw this view:

Russell Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Jennifer

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on December 31, 2008, 12:29 PM NHFT
Here's a fake panoramic version of the above photo.  I was driving to a garage sale out in Peterborough, looked over and saw this view:

[image]

I've driven by this many times. :)

FTL_Ian

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Jennifer on December 31, 2008, 02:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on December 31, 2008, 12:29 PM NHFT

[image]

I've driven by this many times. :)

Wow, did you just fix that awful stitch?

Would if be difficult to fix the full size one?

Pat K

Jennifer

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on December 31, 2008, 03:02 PM NHFT

Yes. It would actually be easier to do the full sized one.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Jennifer on December 31, 2008, 03:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on December 31, 2008, 03:02 PM NHFT

Yes. It would actually be easier to do the full sized one.

If you are looking for something to do, can I email it to you?  I'd love to have that pic look correct.