• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Hoppe's plan: Secession of Individual towns, not states.

Started by anarkhos, September 25, 2008, 01:18 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I have not heard of anyone in Seabrook NH talking about seceding ... tell me more of their plans. :pirateship:

BillKauffman

Killington, VT should have been the best test case because they wanted to secede to NH.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killington,_Vermont_secession_movement

This way the Second Vermont Republic folks and the Free State Project folks could have worked together on a common issue.

John Edward Mercier

That would simply be a secession from one State to another...
It was also non-violent, though not that peaceful if I remember correctly (confrontation never seems to be).

Would Hoppe's be talking more along the line of enclave of secession?
Something like the Shakers or Amish that limit their interaction with the outside.

BillKauffman

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on November 01, 2008, 08:05 AM NHFT
That would simply be a secession from one State to another...

I was suggesting that Killington set-up a "city-state" of sorts within VT so SVR (a left-libertarian project) and FSP (a right-libertarian project) could work on it together to show solidarity.

John Edward Mercier

Which part of the link made you think Killington was left-libertarian?

BillKauffman

Lumpy

Anyone in Keene doing this yet?  I want to take part in it.  I know there is a state college etc. and ties to the state in many forms and fashions (speaking of which what is the word on the "new cage facility"?) but we'll be in Keene soon and want to do our part to make this possible.

Russell Kanning

you could go for a part of Keene ... since most people there don't mind being part of the borg

AntonLee

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 01, 2008, 12:10 AM NHFT
I have not heard of anyone in Seabrook NH talking about seceding ... tell me more of their plans. :pirateship:

;crickets; 

I was actually in Seabrook about a half hour ago and got laughed at by my co-workers when I brought up secession again.  I'd much rather personally secede before I plan for an entire town.

John Edward Mercier

Might be because Seabrook is incorporated by the State of NH?

tracysaboe

John Edward Mercier

Lumpy

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on December 07, 2008, 04:21 PM NHFT
The City of Keene is incorporated by the State.
What does it mean to be living on "incorporated land" or an "incorporated town"?

John Edward Mercier

NH is what is known as a Dillon Rule State.

In laymen's terms, it means the State is sovereign and the municipalities derive their authority from it.
The State actual incorporates the towns/cities just like it would any other corporation with incorporators, a charter of by-laws, etc.

If you move to an area that is unincorporated... it means there is no municipality. You have only the county and the State.