• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Feds Disallow All Recording Devices in "Court" - Possible CD?

Started by FTL_Ian, September 25, 2008, 11:29 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FTL_Ian

How many people with video cameras could we round up to enter the federal building simultaneously before Kat's "trial"?  We could all just stand in the entryway and video the guards.  We could ask questions about freedom of the press.  If someone wanted to guarantee arrest, they could attempt to enter without surrendering their camera.  Ideally we should have more people with video devices than they have guards...

Your thoughts on this idea?

doobie

What about sneaking it in...recording it and broadcasting it as a violation of federal 'law'?

slim

Could someone describe the entry procedure? With enough people thinking about the problem there might be a way to use their own procedure against them, just like how some hackers use a vulnerability to gain access in to a protected system.

Puke

Sounds like a good idea.
What's wrong with recording an important event like a trial?
What do the Feds have to hide?  ::)

Jared

im gonna be honest - im too chicken about my camera being stolen.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Jared on September 25, 2008, 04:22 PM NHFT

Even with a group of cameramen?

slim

With the ever shrinking footprint of electronics finding every camera and audio recording device will be impossible very very soon. Puke on another thread posted a link to Amazon that had "spy cameras" and some of those look like they could get past the all seeing eyes of the thugs. Even if they can spot the camera's that are manufactured to create your own personal hidden camera is possible and they could be hidden in almost any item.

Jared

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 25, 2008, 04:24 PM NHFT

Even with a group of cameramen?

do you think that makes it less likely? i dont know, i dont have experience with this stuff. im planning on hopefully being able to go to kat's trial on the 30th, and i was already anxious enough about bringing my (new) camera.

slim

I would suggest that if you don't want your camera stolen then get one that you don't mind is taken. For the civil dis you could even find a camera that is broken pay a couple bucks and if the Feds take it, oh well it is not like they will be able to use it for their own personal use.

If someone knew a person in the electronics recycling business they could watch for camera's that come in and get them for the civil dis. 30 people with camera's I think could overwhelm the door nazi's and have a few people with working cams scattered through the crowd. The broken camera's could be the cover for the people with working cameras.

Every battle is going to have casualties the best strategy is to use the worst resources to take the damage while the best resources can get in to a better position. In the movie Brave heart one of the battles the Scottish horsemen looked like they were fleeing the battlefield but they were riding around to the unprotected rear of the English and once that happened the English were fighting on 2 fronts and lost.

Giggan

There are disposable video cameras. They're a little too pricey to use consistantly, but I imagine ideal for these situations.

Dave Ridley

i've got mixed feelings on this idea.  i had toyed with it in the past but set it aside for stuff that seems to have been more productive.

PRO:
- It would send a message that every time they crack down on harmless free staters, they trigger some quick new disobedience, by completely new people.
- It takes a stand on a really important issue, no one is going to mistake the right to videotape for a petty thing

CON:

- We don't have the technology yet to *broadcast* a video signal from the metal detector area.   It is possible that none of the video clips would survive, save those shot from off-property.  It's a battle on ground where they have the advantage.
- There isn't much time to get news releases ready and distributed. It's too late for letters to the editor announcing it in advance.  
- In Fedminds, this is not a crack down...more of a compromise or a robotic dispensation of law.

Probably what I would do is try and videotape "within the rules" whatever I can from the sidewalk,  if others try to break their rules at the detector.  

I will be tied up for the next two days on other civil dis and news releases... and all this lauren/kat video i still need to process.  but I do expect to be there on the 30th.  

I would urge russell NOT to risk arrest...and don't plan to myself unless they back me into a corner again.  That's right Commander if you're reading...you felt like I was backing you into a corner but that's how I felt too.

the only arrests if any that we trigger, should be people they've never had to arrest before.  That sends the message of the hydra...cut one head off and a new one  appears in its place.  Of course, heads can appear that don't get arrested.

Jared

Quote from: slim on September 25, 2008, 05:07 PM NHFT

I would suggest that if you don't want your camera stolen then get one that you don't mind is taken. For the civil dis you could even find a camera that is broken pay a couple bucks and if the Feds take it, oh well it is not like they will be able to use it for their own personal use.

If someone knew a person in the electronics recycling business they could watch for camera's that come in and get them for the civil dis. 30 people with camera's I think could overwhelm the door nazi's and have a few people with working cams scattered through the crowd. The broken camera's could be the cover for the people with working cameras.

Every battle is going to have casualties the best strategy is to use the worst resources to take the damage while the best resources can get in to a better position. In the movie Brave heart one of the battles the Scottish horsemen looked like they were fleeing the battlefield but they were riding around to the unprotected rear of the English and once that happened the English were fighting on 2 fronts and lost.

wow i cant even believe i didnt think of this before, but i have a broken digital camera that i let me daughter play with as a toy...

Mike Barskey

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 25, 2008, 06:58 PM NHFT
- We don't have the technology yet to *broadcast* a video signal from the metal detector area.   It is possible that none of the video clips would survive, save those shot from off-property.  It's a battle on ground where they have the advantage.
The technology does exist. There is software and a service called Qik that allows your video-cam-equipped phone to stream video live to the web. This means that if your phone/video camera is confiscated byt he police (which would indeed suck), and even if the police erased the contents, the evidence is already on the web; you can download it to your computer later and forward it to YouTube, etc. It does not work on my phone yet, so I cannot volunteer to do this. There are other companies offering similar services, too.

Dave Ridley

Quote from: exCA Mike on September 25, 2008, 07:05 PM NHFT
The technology does exist. There is software and a service called Qik that allows your video-cam-equipped phone to stream video live to the web. This means that if your phone/video camera is confiscated byt he police (which would indeed suck), and even if the police erased the contents, the evidence is already on the web; you can download it to your computer later and forward it to YouTube, etc. It does not work on my phone yet, so I cannot volunteer to do this. There are other companies offering similar services, too.

yes but do *we* have the technology?   

Mike Barskey

Quote from: DadaOrwell on September 25, 2008, 07:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: exCA Mike on September 25, 2008, 07:05 PM NHFT

yes but do *we* have the technology?  
Ah. I doubt it, but don't know. I thought you meant is it possible (and within our grasp, affordable, obtainable by Sept. 30, etc.).