• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Ian summoned to court - 10-01-08

Started by Coconut, September 26, 2008, 12:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

nice guys .... there will be more pain for the keeniacs before there is significant progress. These guys are angry.

David

Quote from: MengerFan on October 01, 2008, 03:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on October 01, 2008, 09:19 AM NHFT
Ian was threatened with arrest this morning after asking the judge questions.

Is this the same judge whose testicles Mark was so adamant about massaging last night?
All he did was stand when the judge entered.  Ian, and anyone not standing in theory could be arrested, so as the second host of a radio show that must go on 6 days a week, it would be prudent of him to try to avoid having the cops want to arrest him. 

Coconut

Someone else feel free to post my video to FreeKeene. Or at least write the article. If you're not an editor unfortunately you can't embed youtube videos. So if you leave a spot for it I can edit it in I think.

Coconut

Quote from: David on October 02, 2008, 08:01 AM NHFT
Quote from: MengerFan on October 01, 2008, 03:09 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on October 01, 2008, 09:19 AM NHFT
Ian was threatened with arrest this morning after asking the judge questions.

Is this the same judge whose testicles Mark was so adamant about massaging last night?
All he did was stand when the judge entered.  Ian, and anyone not standing in theory could be arrested, so as the second host of a radio show that must go on 6 days a week, it would be prudent of him to try to avoid having the cops want to arrest him. 

Well, no. He actually hand delivered a letter to the judge commending him on recent good rulings. I agree with doing that by the way, but him standing was clearly not a self-defense measure.

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: peacenic on October 02, 2008, 12:30 AM NHFT
Other guy responds, "They're freestaters, I think we should lock them all up."  His lack of an explanation to his buddy makes me think he was just trying to sound intimidating to any of us within earshot.

That, and he probably did think we should all be locked up.

Sam A. Robrin

I hope you'll also be filming your confrontation with the original complainant.  What she did was vicious, and ignorance is no excuse for it.  (And if Free Staters want to start phoning in complaint after complaint over her property, I'd see it as an "object all sublime" . . .)

FTL_Ian

I disagree.  She did what she's been trained to do.  I forgive her.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on October 02, 2008, 10:40 AM NHFT
I hope you'll also be filming your confrontation with the original complainant.  What she did was vicious, and ignorance is no excuse for it.  (And if Free Staters want to start phoning in complaint after complaint over her property, I'd see it as an "object all sublime" . . .)

I don't see how this would help anything.

And such retaliation against people who call the cops would only make us look bad: I could easily see someone comparing the movement to the Mafia, or a street gang, or any other group that tries to intimidate people to "stop snitching."

Coconut

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on October 02, 2008, 10:40 AM NHFT

She went to the government first because she didn't want confrontation. I trust Ian will treat her like a person, and her complaints as valid. No, she has no right over his property, but people being afraid to come to their neighbors over issues is why we have rediculous zoning in the first place.

dalebert

This judge knows we don't stand. We've been (not) doing that for many hearings and trials now. He's never ever made an issue of it. It's silly to think this is a necessary measure to avoid arrest.

Coconut

Quote from: dalebert on October 02, 2008, 11:48 AM NHFT

This judge knows we don't stand. We've been (not) doing that for many hearings and trials now. He's never ever made an issue of it. It's silly to think this is a necessary measure to avoid arrest.

Dale, do you want to write the freekeene article on this event and post it, since you were there? Then I'll embed the video under your post.

Russell Kanning

if the issue is important enough ... both hosts could go down

dalebert

Quote from: Coconut on May 22, 1970, 08:07 AM NHFT
Dale, do you want to write the freekeene article on this event and post it, since you were there? Then I'll embed the video under your post.

I'm struggling with tomorrow's comic at the moment and I have an article I was thinking of writing about a dilapidated bldg in the historic district. I'm probably not the best choice right now.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 02, 2008, 10:50 AM NHFT
I don't see how this would help anything.

And such retaliation against people who call the cops would only make us look bad: I could easily see someone comparing the movement to the Mafia, or a street gang, or any other group that tries to intimidate people to "stop snitching."

I think it would help a lot.  People need to be made aware of what a volatile ingredient they're handling when they telephone police rather than deal with the situation themselves. 
I'm reminded of a story covered by FTL (from last year, I believe) concerning a grandmother who'd phoned the cops on a kid over some adolescent infraction or another.  He ended up getting beaten to death (for some consolation, it was caught on camera).  That hasn't happened to Ian (yet, I might cautiously qualify), but such incidents, from the inconvenient to the atrocious, happen daily due to public perception of a benevolent State.  The attitude has to change somehow, and this would be as good a starting point as any. 
Naturally, I'd prefer it if such remedies weren't necessary, but I believe they are, and have been for far too long.

Coconut

Quote from: dalebert on October 02, 2008, 03:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on May 22, 1970, 08:07 AM NHFT

I'm struggling with tomorrow's comic at the moment and I have an article I was thinking of writing about a dilapidated bldg in the historic district. I'm probably not the best choice right now.

Oh well. Nobody seemed interested in writing anything so I half-assed it and posted my video. I, as well, don't have time to do all the publicity.