• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Patriot's Day 2005

Started by jcpliberty, January 17, 2005, 01:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jcpliberty

Patriot's Day commemorates the battle of Lexington and Concord which were fought on April 19, 1775.  Part of the history of this famous revolutionary battle was the midnight ride of Paul Revere and William Dawes.  The Sons of the  American Revolution in Massachusetts were largely responsible for the official recognition of the event.

Let's discuss what we can do on Patriot's Day (maybe in Massachusetts at Lexington and Concord we can do some recruiting for the FSP).

JP

John

Patriot's Day is the Highest Holiday on my calendar.  (I take the whole week off every year.)

We should start FSP outreach in the very wee hours at the Green in Lexington, and then at the Old North Bridge later.

People from around the world come to see these reenactments.  (I think they will be held on the 18th this year.)

(Later, I will share info about a little known (but exelent) celibration of these events with those who will be helping out.)

jcpliberty

Quote from: John on January 17, 2005, 02:19 PM NHFT
Patriot's Day is the Highest Holiday on my calendar.  (I take the whole week off every year.)

We should start FSP outreach in the very wee hours at the Green in Lexington, and then at the Old North Bridge later.

People from around the world come to see these reenactments.  (I think they will be held on the 18th this year.)

(Later, I will share info about a little known (but exelent) celibration of these events with those who will be helping out.)

I have gone all day, every year, from the midnight paul revere ride to the all day skirmishes, I love this holiday! A few years I was a participant in the renactments (but I no longer fit in my colonial garb!)

We should have alot of fun doing this!

JP

Dave Ridley

There maybe we can recruit folks to show up in colonial gear all year....

jcpliberty

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 18, 2005, 10:56 AM NHFT
There maybe we can recruit folks to show up in colonial gear all year....

Sounds good to me!

JP