• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Freedom Fest!

Started by Mike Barskey, September 29, 2008, 10:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

Join us for some music, fun, and liberty outreach. And don't forget the live music and illegal gambling!
Sunday, October 26
11:00a to 2:00p
(the same weekend as the Keene Pumpkin Festival)

Learn more about the event here: http://keenefreedomfest.com

Fluff and Stuff

Yes is so cool.  I'm so there for Pumpkin Fest, Keene Freedom Fest, and Social Sunday.

Mike Barskey

Jared

hhmmmmm. im trying to think of a way i can go and still bring the kids. problem is, they need naps. lay em down in the hay? :)

Mike Barskey

It's only a 3-hour event! They can nap before and after. :)

Jared

Quote from: Mike Barskey on September 29, 2008, 07:07 PM NHFT
It's only a 3-hour event! They can nap before and after. :)

yeah, and  2.5 hour drive from our house! i don't suppose any of you keeniacs would let us use your house at some point to put them down? we can bring our pack and play for the older one, and we have a little mini bassinet for the baby...we don't bite, i swear :)

Mike Barskey

I was kidding. I understand that it's difficult to do certain things with two young children. I won't be devastated if you can't make it, of course - I'll get to meet you sometime, at some event.

By the way, I'd offer my apartment for naptime, but I live too far away - I'm in Derry, so I doubt you want to drive another 90 minutes for a nap, then 90 minutes back to Keene. :) You're welcome to use my place if you want to, though.

Jared

Quote from: Mike Barskey on September 30, 2008, 03:13 PM NHFT
I was kidding. I understand that it's difficult to do certain things with two young children. I won't be devastated if you can't make it, of course - I'll get to meet you sometime, at some event.

By the way, I'd offer my apartment for naptime, but I live too far away - I'm in Derry, so I doubt you want to drive another 90 minutes for a nap, then 90 minutes back to Keene. :) You're welcome to use my place if you want to, though.

well, im pretty determined to find a way to go to this. ive wanted to visit keene for awhile (being the crazy anarchist type, ive been told i should MOVE there ;) ), and my wife really wants to go to the pumpkin fest.

Mike Barskey

The Pumpkin Festival is Saturday. Are you staying in a hotel or B&B or something on Saturday night? If so, maybe you could wake up early Sunday, and then have the kids nap just before you check-out, and then come to the Freedom Fest.

Jared

Quote from: Mike Barskey on September 30, 2008, 03:39 PM NHFT
The Pumpkin Festival is Saturday. Are you staying in a hotel or B&B or something on Saturday night? If so, maybe you could wake up early Sunday, and then have the kids nap just before you check-out, and then come to the Freedom Fest.

hmm. any idea how much the average low end hotel in keene costs?

FTL_Ian

Probably pricey, especially during the fall.

Coconut

Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 30, 2008, 04:56 PM NHFT

especially Pumpkin Festival weekend.

David

Quote from: Coconut on September 30, 2008, 05:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: FTL_Ian on September 30, 2008, 04:56 PM NHFT

especially Pumpkin Festival weekend.
In fact, I would be surprized if there is any availability.  The restaurant that i work at has a sister branch in Brattleboro, and they got slammed last Pumpkin fest just as we did, and that is about 20 miles away.  Your best be is to try to get someone here to room and board ya.  Pay them what you would pay a motel, assuming you cannot find one, and I imagine someone may take you up on the offer. 
We'd love to have you in Keene.   :)

Jared

ok, so we found a place to stay - Eighteen-Thirty House Motel in Hillsborough. bit of a drive, but not too bad. so now we just have one more problem - how the hell do you get a toddler to go to sleep in a hotel room???

Mike Barskey

Drugs? Kidding, of course.

I'm glad you'll be coming out to Keene that weekend. And it was good to meet you tonight at Murphy's.