• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Freedom Fest!

Started by Mike Barskey, September 29, 2008, 10:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: Mike Barskey on September 30, 2008, 10:30 PM NHFT
Drugs? Kidding, of course.

I'm not. Toddlers get the sniffles this time of year. Allergies, you know. A dose of Benadryl is just the thing!

Best thing for parental peace since Paragoric.

shyfrog

So far the forecast is : High of 53 with a 40% chance of rain...

Kat Kanning

Fluff and Stuff

So is there anyway this could be cancelled?

The Weather Channel online say's
High 56°F
Low 38°F
Precip 30 %

Mike Barskey

I think that if there is a strong chance of rain, we should cancel. On the day of the event, if it is raining, we should cancel. There would be nobody walking around the streets or standing at our tables, the bands wouldn't want to play, etc.

But if the chance of rain remains low, I think we should continue as planned. I'm from the desert and haven't had to think about rain in 6 years; how accurate are weather forecasts around here? Should we continue as planned with up to a 50% chance of rain? 75%?

Anyone have opinions on this?

Kat Kanning

I could be persuaded to bring HR Keith-n-Stuff's canopy.

FTL_Ian

Weather forecasts are pretty useless this far out.  Not sure what day the decision should be made, though.  Friday?

AnarchoJesse

Suck it up, you buncha nancies. A little cold weather and rain won't kill you.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: AnarchoMartyr on October 20, 2008, 12:56 PM NHFT
Suck it up, you buncha nancies. A little cold weather and rain won't kill you.

I would totally go in the rain.  We have two 10x10 gazebos.  I am not organizing the event, however - it's Mike's call.  He's done an amazing job so far.  It'd be a shame to cancel the best, most well promoted Freedom Fest yet. 

Mike Barskey

Well, I think that settles it. If it rains, some exhibitors (and the bands) might cancel - and I completely understand why - but the event will go on with whomever wants to remain and squeeze together under the gazebos. Settled.

shyfrog

As long as my equipment stays dry...  :icon_pirat:

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 20, 2008, 12:37 PM NHFT
I could be persuaded to bring HR Keith-n-Stuff's canopy.

Are you going to be at the event?  We are already planning on bringing it to Keene, but I thought I would need to go to Grafton to pick it up.  I'll gladly pay you $10 to bring it to Keene and then I'll take it back to Seabrook if you don't want it to continue to be stored in Grafton.

About about these "canopy," as we know, they don't work 100% :)

Kat Kanning

I'm coming to KFF - can't be known as a 'nancy'.  No problem bringing the canopy too. 

Fluff and Stuff

Oh thank you Kat.  I guess that means you know where it is :) 
I'll be at the Keene Freedom Fest too but this certainly makes my trip to Keene easier.  See you there.

Coconut