• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Freedom Fest!

Started by Mike Barskey, September 29, 2008, 10:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Quote from: DadaOrwell on October 23, 2008, 03:14 PM NHFT
what sort of parking issues are we going to be looking at.  could I hitch a ride from ian's place to the event and back, in the tacklevan?

The President calls it the Jimmeister, but ya we'll have room.   :)

JJ

Quote from: DadaOrwell on October 23, 2008, 03:14 PM NHFT
what sort of parking issues are we going to be looking at.  could I hitch a ride from ian's place to the event and back, in the tacklevan?

The parking garage is a block away from the site.  Free (I think) on Sundays and has ample sheltered parking.

Pat K

Quote from: Coconut on October 20, 2008, 09:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: Coconut on October 20, 2008, 08:50 PM NHFT
Quote from: Mike Barskey on October 20, 2008, 06:21 PM NHFT
Organize it! :)

I'll happily jump in as a dealer if you have 6+ people wanting to play a game of holdem.

I'll also keep my eyes open for my anti-wind card device... it can't have gone far.

I call that a rock.  ;D

David

The railroad area is a pumpkin dropoff, and display area farther back.  I have a feeling they may not be done with the area in time for the freedom fest. 

Kat Kanning

It's all clear the next day, there's just a lot of garbage left on the streets and everywhere.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 25, 2008, 08:27 AM NHFT
It's all clear the next day, there's just a lot of garbage left on the streets and everywhere.

Ah, this is good news. Garbage, I can deal with. Whew!

dalebert

Quote from: Mike Barskey on October 25, 2008, 09:55 AM NHFT
Ah, this is good news. Garbage, I can deal with. Whew!

We will help you deal with it too. :)

FTL_Ian

Pumpkin fest cleanup begins at 5am on Sunday.

The nice lady on the phone told me they'll try to work on the RR Sq. area first.

All should be well.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Mike Barskey on October 20, 2008, 12:36 PM NHFT
I think that if there is a strong chance of rain, we should cancel. On the day of the event, if it is raining, we should cancel. There would be nobody walking around the streets or standing at our tables, the bands wouldn't want to play, etc.

But if the chance of rain remains low, I think we should continue as planned. I'm from the desert and haven't had to think about rain in 6 years; how accurate are weather forecasts around here? Should we continue as planned with up to a 50% chance of rain? 75%?

Anyone have opinions on this?

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Keene&state=NH&site=BOX says as of now:—

QuoteLate Afternoon: A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a high near 60. South wind around 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tonight: Showers, mainly before 2am. Low around 50. Breezy, with a southeast wind 11 to 21 mph becoming west. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between one and two inches possible.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 63. West wind between 3 and 11 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 36. South wind around 5 mph.

FTL_Ian

Yuck!  A govt website, Jeremy?  Here's weather.com's hour by hour from 11a-2p:

52-58F, 10-20% chance of rain, 7-10mph wind
http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/03431?begHour=5&begDay=300

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 25, 2008, 04:55 PM NHFT
Yuck!  A govt website, Jeremy?  Here's weather.com's hour by hour from 11a-2p:

52-58F, 10-20% chance of rain, 7-10mph wind
http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/03431?begHour=5&begDay=300

You know that most commercial weather companies get their data from the NOAA, right?

There was a big kerfluffle a couple years ago because some of these companies wanted to, after getting free access to taxpayer-paid data themselves, make the government to stop providing the same data to the general public. Here is one of the stories about it.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: FTL_Ian on October 25, 2008, 03:03 PM NHFT
Pumpkin fest cleanup begins at 5am on Sunday.

The nice lady on the phone told me they'll try to work on the RR Sq. area first.

All should be well.

Thanks for calling, Ian (By the way, who did you call?). This is quite a relief to me, having visited the Keene Pumpkin Festival this afternoon and seeing how friggin' HUGE that event is! Railroad Square is filled with pumpkins and has a 3-to-4-story tower of pumpkins at the end!

I'm planning on arriving early to help clean it up (if they haven't finished yet).

FTL_Ian

I called the organizers back when I was doing research into possible dates/times for the event.

Tom Sawyer

See ya'll at the happening...

Got 2 signs for you Lllllllloyd.  :)

Kat Kanning

It doesn't look like it's going to rain.

HR Keith-n-Stuff's canopy is out in the rain and I don't want to put it in my car and bring it.