• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Keene Freedom Fest!

Started by Mike Barskey, September 29, 2008, 10:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

I have to say that despite all the early concerns about the weather, it's absofuckinglutely beautiful outside. I don't think the weather could get more pristine. Come on down to Keene Freedom Fest!

Puke

Drove by the square at 0730 this morning and it's clean as a whistle.

Lloyd Danforth

Anyone in contact with the KFP folks please let them know my car stopped running in Danbury and it took a few hours to straighten out.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 26, 2008, 12:18 PM NHFT
Anyone in contact with the KFP folks please let them know my car stopped running in Danbury and it took a few hours to straighten out.
KFP?

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

oh .... I am too late and not reading clearly

Tom Sawyer

What a great event...

Thanks to Toby, Ian, Mike, Josh Noone and band, Lou, (another)Josh and forget the drummers name.

The man tried to shut down the gig, but the brave activists and rock-n-roll couldn't be stopped.

Beautiful day, good vibe in spite of the attempt to "disperse" the crowd.

The illegal hot dogs taste that much better!

President William has decreed he will pay 20 FRN towards Toby's fine for providing a good time... will others step up to this example and help cover the cost?

Boogying to Rush's YYZ was a great pleasure, thanks Lou and crew... Josh Noone and band did some very good original tunes complete with freedom oriented lyrics.

Double plus good  8)

Coconut

except for the tickets Toby and Ian got for doing nothing.

Mike Barskey

It was indeed great, in just about all regards. Thanks, everyone, for your volunteering and participation. Pics are up at http://keenefreedomfest.com - I'll put videos up tomorrow.

If you have any pictures or videos from the KFF, please let me know. I would like to post them (or links to them) on the KFF website. Also, I have no pics of me!

Tomorrow, I will write a detailed description of what happened at the KFF - I'm too tired now.

Mike Barskey

Oh yeah, I'm definitely pitching in for Toby's and Ian's fines (should they decide to pay). I think fighting or ignoring the summons (or ticket or fine or whatever the govt handed out) would be my preferred method to deal with it, but whatever you decide is right for you, I support.

And I think it is a fantastic idea to start some kind of "community kitty" for govt fines and fees of those who make a stand - kind of an "Activists Insurance Fund."

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Coconut on October 26, 2008, 10:10 PM NHFT
except for the tickets Toby and Ian got for doing nothing.

Aye lad... and what other perfection in this matter could there be?

The goons attacked the press.

They've no evidence that Ian or Toby organized the event.  They are working off publication that where not paid for by Ian or Toby.  They have nothing that shows Ian or Toby as sponsors or organizers, only as supports.

It's a direct attack on the press, blaming them for things that they support... only because they are easy targets.

Coconut

I think both tickets should be fought "in system." If they're found guilty of organizing an event they didn't organize, then we know the system is broken. But the prosecution can't prove anything.

Ian I think won't. Toby I hope won't plea out, but he also has an unfortunately busy work schedule.

Mike Barskey

Again, I support whatever Ian and Toby want to do, but I want to say this:

Quote from: Coconut on October 26, 2008, 11:07 PM NHFT
I think both tickets should be fought "in system." If they're found guilty of organizing an event they didn't organize, then we know the system is broken. But the prosecution can't prove anything.

How many times must you witness evidence that the system is broken? If every time the govt steps on our rights, someone says "if the govt act this way in response to our fighting back this time, then we know the system is broken and we can stop paying it any heed," when will you actually stop paying it any heed? Last time, the system was proved broken because the judge told Ian to shut up or be arrested. This time we will know if the system is broken if the they're found guilt of organizing an event they didn't organize. Next time, the system will be broken if X happens. When is it time to accept the ample evidence - or the logic and principle - and just accept that government is broken?

Coconut

good points mike. My argument for "cooperating" was not very good. I just think they both have a valid "case."

Puke

As the guy that made the flyer and left the offending words on it... :blush:

I am also willing to chip in to pay the ransom money.