• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Question about getting a concealed carry permit

Started by Raineyrocks, September 29, 2008, 11:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

This might so dumb but it's something I've been wondering about anyway.   

If I fill out an application for a concealed carry permit and let's just say martial law was declared or whatever "gun grabbing" things there are would it be easier to know that I have a gun because I applied and it's on file in the sheriff's office?

J’raxis 270145

Yes.

Of course, remember the same is true if you ever buy a gun from a firearms dealer, because of the ATF form.

sandm000

Buy A JA nine (or some other worthless plinker) to give up when they come to your door, act reluctant, but cooperate.  Make sure that your good guns are elsewhere at the time.  They've taken your gun, so they feel good, and won't be on any lists.

Pat McCotter

Also, a carry license doesn't mean you own a gun, just that you are allowed to carry one concealed.

Romak

Dont kid yourself if you own a firearm expecially if you bought one since the early 90s they already know you have one. Buy privately if you can find what you like its the safer route. But in the end the powers that be can pretty much deduce who owns firearms and who doesnt. Its totally unconstitutional that they continue to do this but in the end it wont really matter anyway not much they can do about it on a broad scale. There are just way too many gun owners and way too many guns for them to deal with. Go for it or if you dont want to just carry openly without one.

Giggan

K. Darien Freeheart

Quote...concealed carry permit...

Do they permit you to carry concealed if you don't have one?

QuoteIf I fill out an application for a concealed carry permit and let's just say martial law was declared or whatever "gun grabbing" things there are would it be easier to know that I have a gun because I applied and it's on file in the sheriff's office?

QuoteBuy A JA nine (or some other worthless plinker) to give up when they come to your door, act reluctant, but cooperate.  Make sure that your good guns are elsewhere at the time.

Not to sound fatalistic, but that makes the assumption they're after the guns. An often cited axiom of the pro-gun lobby is that guns don't kill people, people kill people. This is true in the reverse too. I'd figure that if you're REALLY worried about martial law worst-cases it's better not to fill out the paperwork at all because if they REALLY deem you a threat they'll take YOU away, not the guns.

Remember, it's not a secret if other people know.

Giggan

Quote from: Kevin Dean on September 30, 2008, 12:23 PM NHFT
Quote...concealed carry permit...

Do they permit you to carry concealed if you don't have one?

No, but you don't need their permission to get one, which is necessary to remind them of if they ever treat it like a permit, which try to often.

DigitalWarrior

In things like this, I decide what to do based on likelihood.  I figure I am far more likely to decide I need to carry a concealed pistol than I am likely to experience a period of Marshall law where they go house to house looking for guns.

I suspect if that came to happen, anyone who owns a "V" mask would be dead.

"There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. "  - General Smedley Butler, winner of two medals of honor, USMC

Romak

I think the likelihood of martial law being declared is greater than me actually needing my gun for protection. But I guess that would equal each other out because if martial law is declared I guess I would really need my guns for protection.

Jared

well...you should definately NOT just carry a gun without a permit...i mean...that would be insane  ;D

K. Darien Freeheart

Quotewell...you should definately NOT just carry a gun without a permit...i mean...that would be insane

Open carry is legal in New Hampshire. More and more, I'm convinced that the greatest power of a gun is it's ability to deter crime. I think it's a much more powerful thing to PREVENT situations where lethal force is being used on either side than it is to have lethal force handy if you need it (thought I don't discount that at all).

Open carry without a permit is just fine. Work with Dennis and push for elimination of the whole "in a car is concealed" thing. :)

Raineyrocks

Raineyrocks

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on September 30, 2008, 07:35 AM NHFT
Yes.

Of course, remember the same is true if you ever buy a gun from a firearms dealer, because of the ATF form.

I thought about that too, (the ATF form), but how the heck do you get around that one?  :-\    I didn't put my SS# down, (at least I don't think I had to), but so what they have my name etc.  :-\