• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Question about getting a concealed carry permit

Started by Raineyrocks, September 29, 2008, 11:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

neggy

Quote from: Kevin Dean on September 30, 2008, 08:49 PM NHFT

Legally, unless you're a convicted felon you have the right to possess and openly carry a firearm in the state of New Hampshire. You don't need a permit, license, hula-hoop or magical incantation.

If you are a Prohibited person, you can not own or bear firearms, even open carry, in the state of NH

Now that Heller has passed muster, the next law that needs to go is Lautenburg, which if a federal law saying anyone with a domestic restraining order on them can not own or possess a gun
I believe, and don't quote me here, that if you are caught with a spent shell... empty bullet and such, it is 15 years federal time.

Federal law still forbids felons, anyone charged with domestic violence, someone who has been dishonorably discharged from the service or anyone who has been involuntarily committed to a psychiatric hospital from even owning or possessing a gun.

KBCraig

Quote from: neggy on December 11, 2008, 02:35 PM NHFT
I believe, and don't quote me here, that if you are caught with a spent shell... empty bullet and such, it is 15 years federal time.

It's 5 years per count. Each empty case is an "ammunition reloading component", so a felon could not legally go pick up used brass at a range to sell for scrap.

There was a case recently, where the defendant was acquitted on charges of "felon in possession of a firearm" because the government couldn't prove the revolver was made after January 1, 1899. (Guns made before that date are "antiques", and are not "firearms" under federal definitions.) But they did convict him for possessing the ammunition inside it; three unfired rounds, as I recall, netting him a 15 year sentence (5 per cartridge).

I don't recall all the details of the case, but I seem to remember he was pretty much a dumbass on multiple levels.

rmodel65

I dont think confiscation would go over to well in south GA :P