• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

court date on Friday for civil disobedience

Started by cynthia, October 01, 2008, 01:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cynthia

Dover District Court

25 Thomas Street
35 minutes from Seabrook, and yes, it is a stones throw from La Festa.

I will email my SEAL members now to see if they want to go.

SamIam

Hey Cynthia,

I'm glad to see you stepping up to question the system, and I very much appreciate your support of the liberty movement. I have a few suggestions:

• "I suspected it was b/c he had noticed something funny about my homemade reg./insp. tags" - Saying this in court proves their forgery charge for them. If you don't want to do that, then think of another way to describe how you choose to decorate your property.
  • "He asked for my papers and I told him my registration was not updated,  so offered him my old one.  He also pulled off my fancy creations from my plates and I think he reached over and took it from my dash(inspection) as well."-Did you give him permission to remove property from your vehicle, or did he search your car without obtaining consent? If you want to attack on this, ask him the consent to search questions up front, then ask about him removing your decorations, and then bring it home with a question like, "So you violated my rights when you searched and seized my property without gaining consent?
  • "I don't believe in supporting the state.. " He retorted that I was depriving the state of it's money(gasp!). - If you can get him to repeat this on the stand with something like, do you remember saying that I was depriving the state of it's revenue? So this is a tax? Then you can ask him if he's an expert in the tax code for the state of NH. Once he says no,  Motion to strike, the witness is not competent to testify.
  • I asked him, "3 OR 4", to which he replied "3 or 4".  - So here the BLG enforcer lied to you, and you may want to bring that up as well in the same way nick did.

I also really like the all people created equally and seen equally in the eyes of the law? Are you restricted from having weapons in this court? Do whatever your comfortable with, and good luck!

SamIam

Scott Roth

Great to have you here, Cynthia.  Welcome home.

cynthia

Hey Sam

How's this: In order to drive around town with all of my senses fully engaged, I felt it necessary to have the same colors on my vehicle as everyone else does, so as not to draw attention to myself.

Yes, he certainly did lie, and also remove property from my vehicle without my prior consent, disappearing them. I wonder if they are included for evidence, he certainly could have doctored them.

One thing to keep in mind, the judges around here generally prefer to use common sense rather than sticking to the letter of the law. I intend, or intended to state that I did this for civil disobedience as I don't believe in the current system.

Also, will the cop be rquired to show? This isn't a trial, per se, but a complaint/violation/summons to appear.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: cynthia on October 02, 2008, 01:09 PM NHFT
Also, will the cop be rquired to show? This isn't a trial, per se, but a complaint/violation/summons to appear.

The cop isn't required to show in TN (I'd guess it is like that in every state) and this isn't a trial at all.

SamIam

This is likely a pretrial hearing where they want you to plea. The thing to remember is the burden of proof is on the state. They have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, that you forged the tags.

So Mr. cop, it's your claim that these were forgeries?
What facts are you relying upon that the decorations, colored pieces of paoer, or whatever you want to call them were forgeries? Exactly what color are your stickers? Are the decorations you seized without a warrant exactly the same color? (you said they faded) Did they have any number on them? Did they have your state seal? Did they have _____? What are the measurements of your tax stickers? Do my decorations measure exactly the same as your registration stickers? and on and on. . . All of these questions will cast doubt on their case, which they are required to prove. When your done,

So what facts are you relying upon for your claim that these were forgeries?

Remember, you don't have to take a position, if you do, I you might be better off saying they were decorations. How can they disprove that?

Call the court and ask them what kind of hearing they have demanded you attend. If it's pretrial, that's your opportunity to examine the complaint, ensure the court has jurisdiction over the matter, that the case is sound, to look at the facts, ask for a copy of the complaint (getting into NH law research with that one), and file any special motions. Then you can enter a plea knowingly willfully and voluntarily with a full understanding of the nature and cause of the charges as their supreme court requires.

Dave Ridley

posted this to the calendar and made a 411 call to inform more people.   just saw it 45 min ago.  wont be there myself but hopefully others will.

cynthia

I called the court, and yes, it is an arraignment in which I have to enter a plea.

Still no confirmation on the recording devices, clerk is still in court(busy, busy day)
The judge is old, nice guy, except when he is in a grumpy mood. Irish, I think.

SamIam

Quote from: cynthia on October 02, 2008, 02:10 PM NHFT

A friend of my family is a retired Dallas criminal court judge who served over 25 years on the bench. When I was a young teenager, It was arranged for me to go over his house to learn about financing, the rule of 72, etc. He knows a lot about this, as his kids are millionaires, along with other topics like how to opt out of social security, which according to him can be done in TX because of the conditions under which it joined the union.

During the course of our discussion he began talking about his days as a criminal court judge, and the "sorry" people who came before him. He made a comment along the lines of "these worthless Niggers always have excuses." Then he proceeded to tell me his classification of the 6 different types of "Niggers" based upon their lips. The two I remember him saying, "You've got your blue-gum Niggers, and there's the Sand Niggers. . ." I was so disgusted, I never went back.

To think, this racist bigot spent 25+ years deciding the fate of countless lives and ruling over people. I don't think that for a second that his small minded views never came into consideration. This is yet another blaring example of why their monopoly court system must be abolished and relegated to obscurity as truly fair and impartial system grows in it's place.

Jared

i will be attending, but will have to be back to my apartment in p-town by 10ish

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Jared on October 02, 2008, 02:59 PM NHFT
i will be attending, but will have to be back to my apartment in p-town by 10ish

So I can I drive to your house and ride with you to the court?

Jared

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on October 02, 2008, 03:01 PM NHFT

yeah i def have no prob with that, i just wanted to make sure you realize that no matter what i will have to leave by probably 9:45 at the latest : /.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Jared on October 02, 2008, 03:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: Radical and Stuff on October 02, 2008, 03:01 PM NHFT

yeah i def have no prob with that, i just wanted to make sure you realize that no matter what i will have to leave by probably 9:45 at the latest : /.

That's fine.  I should be at your house by 8 am.

Jared

Quote from: cynthia on October 02, 2008, 02:10 PM NHFT
I called the court, and yes, it is an arraignment in which I have to enter a plea.

Still no confirmation on the recording devices, clerk is still in court(busy, busy day)

all it says on the website under "sound recordings" is this -
"
    The procedure for preparation of a transcript for cases appealed or transferred to the Supreme Court is governed by Supreme Court Rule 15. "

huh?

i really want to bring my photo/video camera...but will it get stolen?

cynthia

Hey Sam... THANKS for the useful info; I'll buy you a tall Winterbrew when you finally make it up here!

I called back about the recording, she told me that I just had to file a motion and they'll be sure to get it to him. They open their doors at 8:00 am, so I'll go extra early to accomplish this. I'm going to bring my laptop and webcam and don't anticipate any problems. This is a local court. You can bring water, even your kids! I do not think they will object to anyone bringing anything in, it's just a matter of it being on when the judge is doing his thing. I honestly can't imagine him having any objection to it.
I don't anticipate getting much coverage as this IS just an arraignment, but I would like to have it as I expect it will go to trial as I will be entering a non-guilty plea after I have ascertained from the judge that there are enough facts.  I want to set a precedent for the motion so that when it goes to trial I will naturally be allowed to video it again.

It seems now that I am focusing more on getting out of the whole thing(false reg/ins)... my point was to treat it as a civil disobedience of not agreeing with the state about it.

Maybe we can dialogue further about it on this forum. I'll probably call in to FTL tonight to ramble a tiny bit. ; )