• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

last night at taproom tuesday...

Started by Jared, October 01, 2008, 02:59 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared

was seriously a breath of fresh air. i'm so glad i finally  was able to come out to one of those things. my wife and i spend the whole ride home talking about how refreshing it is to spend time with like-minded people...and how POSITIVE everyone is. i get so sick of all the negativity i see from people all the time.

you know it's funny (and this is really cheesy, so those with weak stomachs shouldn't read on), even though ive never even met a lot of you, i have, ever since i joined the fsp, referred to you all in conversation as "my friends".

error

Quote from: Jared on October 01, 2008, 02:59 PM NHFT
was seriously a breath of fresh air. i'm so glad i finally  was able to come out to one of those things. my wife and i spend the whole ride home talking about how refreshing it is to spend time with like-minded people...and how POSITIVE everyone is. i get so sick of all the negativity i see from people all the time.

you know it's funny (and this is really cheesy, so those with weak stomachs shouldn't read on), even though ive never even met a lot of you, i have, ever since i joined the fsp, referred to you all in conversation as "my friends".

Welcome! It was great to have you. Hopefully you'll see your way to come out more often, even with the kids! ;D

dalebert

We have strong stomachs. We can handle it.  ;D

K. Darien Freeheart

Quotemy wife and i spend the whole ride home talking about how refreshing it is to spend time with like-minded people...and how POSITIVE everyone is. i get so sick of all the negativity i see from people all the time.

I know that feeling exactly... Except that my visit to Keene involved a substantially longer car ride home. :) It's awesome to have a room full of like-minded folk when you're used to having few little level conversation. Like you said, there's a sense of positivity that you really can't get elsewhere. Most folks think life sucks and they "push on" day to day. Porcs, on the other hand, actually have growing numbers and visual proof that things are going to get better.

Quoteever since i joined the fsp, referred to you all in conversation as "my friends".

Some people don't like that. I say whatever. How you define friend is a personal thing. I understand the sentiment. I spend more time with most of my online friends than almost all of my meatspace ones, so...

Mike Barskey

I enjoyed meeting you both - and your 2 energetic daughters. It was nice putting a real person behind the avatar.

Surely having young kids is time consuming, and apparently you have a relatively long drive to get to certain places - but those difficulties aside, I hope to see you guys at events occasionally. You might it's worth the drive and the kids napping on the ride there/back in order to be around like-minded people or to participate in making the world a little freer for your kids.

Porcupine Realtor

Friends?  Heck, yeah.  Last year was my first Thanksgiving in my new "home" of the Free State, and I enjoyed spending it with my new "family" more than my real family!

Welcome home.

David

Thanksgiving.  Last thanksgiving about 20 of us went to Porc Manor in Winchester and had a fantastic day.  Other than the turkeys, which was cooked on site, and I think were donated, it was a potluck lunch/dinner.  Oh, and we have pictures somewhere to prove it.   :D  Jared, the 'cheesy' feeling you were talking about was what I experianced at my first porcfest in 05.  Definitely one of the main reasons I am here.  I hate feeling like an outcast for what I believe to be a moral and ethical set of beliefs. 

cynthia

Hey Jared,
Let me know the next time you are going, Malena and I could drive over and we could share ride to Manchester. I'll pay for the gas, and Malena can dote upon your little princesses! I've been really wanting to go....

Jared

Quote from: cynthia on October 04, 2008, 07:39 PM NHFT
Hey Jared,
Let me know the next time you are going, Malena and I could drive over and we could share ride to Manchester. I'll pay for the gas, and Malena can dote upon your little princesses! I've been really wanting to go....

hmmm....i'll admit i'm a little hesitant about attending without ali. i tried to visit my brother at the cafe he works at, just me and the kids - within five minutes, all hell had broken loose....but we could certainly try? i'd just feel really bad if we drove up there together and then we had  to leave after like 10 minutes : /.

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: David on October 03, 2008, 11:54 PM NHFT
Thanksgiving.  Last thanksgiving about 20 of us went to Porc Manor in Winchester and had a fantastic day. 

There's a Porcmanor in Winchester?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Porcupine on October 04, 2008, 10:59 PM NHFT
Thanksgiving.  Last thanksgiving about 20 of us went to Porc Manor in Winchester and had a fantastic day. 

First of to use the term.
We helped build it.
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=5288.msg93213#msg93213

FTL_Ian

Thanksgiving.  Last thanksgiving about 20 of us went to Porc Manor in Winchester and had a fantastic day.  Other than the turkeys, which was cooked on site, and I think were donated, it was a potluck lunch/dinner.  Oh, and we have pictures somewhere to prove it.   :D  Jared, the 'cheesy' feeling you were talking about was what I experianced at my first porcfest in 05.  Definitely one of the main reasons I am here.  I hate feeling like an outcast for what I believe to be a moral and ethical set of beliefs. 

Thanksgiving Day West 2007:

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on October 05, 2008, 08:59 AM NHFT
Quote from: Porcupine on October 04, 2008, 10:59 PM NHFT

First of to use the term.
We helped build it.
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=5288.msg93213#msg93213

Now I know. And knowing is half the battle.