• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Liberty Tuesday

Started by bill_mcgonigle, October 03, 2008, 12:30 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

bill_mcgonigle

Liberty Tuesday is a monthly dinner gathering of freedom-minded individuals who like to talk about liberty, freedom, politics and current events.  It meets at Salt Hill in Lebanon on the last Tuesday of each month at 6PM.  Live Irish music fills the air amidst lively debates about the nature of freedom, who's running for office, what's going on in the Upper Valley, and just good camaraderie.  Look for the Liberty Bell sign.  All are welcome, the only charge is what you spend on your food and drinks.

For more information or to RSVP, head to:
    http://ronpaul.meetup.com/950/
We hope to see you there.

error

I'd love to go but I'm otherwise engaged at Taproom Tuesday!

Ideally I'd like to see people in each region of the state meet on different days of the week, so that people who feel so inclined can travel to each one.

Fluff and Stuff

We meet on a different day of the week in the Seacoast, on Wednesday.

bill_mcgonigle

Quote from: error on October 04, 2008, 06:00 PM NHFT
I'd love to go but I'm otherwise engaged at Taproom Tuesday!

Ideally I'd like to see people in each region of the state meet on different days of the week, so that people who feel so inclined can travel to each one.

If you're at Taproom Tuesdays, mission accomplished. :)  We had 15 folks show up for the last Liberty Tuesday and talked about this issue, and only two of the attendees had interest in driving to Manchester for beers, so I think we're just serving the local constituency.  Some are driving forty-five minutes to get to Liberty Tuesday, and Manchester would be another 1:15 from here.  All agreed that if they happened to be in Manchester on a Tuesday then Murphy's it would be.

We actually picked Tuesday as it was the best day for the charter group members, but there's also something to be said for "if it's Tuesday, there's a Liberty meeting somewhere in NH".  Should you happen to be in the Lebanon area on a last Tuesday we'd be happy to have all comers.

error

Well I'm thinking more of the issue of NH visitors who, right now, can spend four days here and see every part of the state and meet liberty lovers in almost every part at established weekly events. (Sunday in Monadnock, Tuesday in the Merrimack Valley, Wednesday on the Seacoast.) The Upper Valley doesn't yet quite fit in there, but I think it should. It would help people get to see more of the state and more of liberty lovers in various parts of the state.

Just an idea. :)

bill_mcgonigle

Quote from: error on October 06, 2008, 01:45 PM NHFT
Well I'm thinking more of the issue of NH visitors who, right now, can spend four days here and see every part of the state and meet liberty lovers in almost every part at established weekly events. (Sunday in Monadnock, Tuesday in the Merrimack Valley, Wednesday on the Seacoast.) The Upper Valley doesn't yet quite fit in there, but I think it should. It would help people get to see more of the state and more of liberty lovers in various parts of the state.

It's a fair point that's probably worth addressing if it becomes an actual problem.  n.b., we're only meeting once a month currently, not weekly, so there's still plenty of room for cross-pollination.

error

Well, it's a lot harder to change a day of the week once it becomes established. Think about the future. :)

bill_mcgonigle

Quote from: error on October 06, 2008, 08:12 PM NHFT
Well, it's a lot harder to change a day of the week once it becomes established. Think about the future. :)

Yeah, we're already 5 months in....

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: bill_mcgonigle on October 06, 2008, 08:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: error on October 06, 2008, 08:12 PM NHFT

Yeah, we're already 5 months in....

Why'd you wait so long to post about it here, then? :)

bill_mcgonigle

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on October 06, 2008, 10:50 PM NHFT
Why'd you wait so long to post about it here, then? :)

Yeah, one of those 'obvious in retrospect' things... the first few months five of us sat around wondering why there were only five of us on the Ron Paul meetup.  So the next month I advertised a bit (websites, newspapers and direct mailings) and we went from 5 to 15.  So now I'm advertising some more. :)

mnemo

Quote from: bill_mcgonigle on October 06, 2008, 03:34 PM NHFT

It's a fair point that's probably worth addressing if it becomes an actual problem.  n.b., we're only meeting once a month currently, not weekly, so there's still plenty of room for cross-pollination.

I agree that it could be good for visitors if it were on another day.  It may be worth bringing up at the next Liberty Tuesday - as well as the idea of going weekly - just to see where people are at.

Though the Tuesday choice is somewhat established, last month's was the first one that really extended beyond the core group of 5 people.  I wouldn't say it's too late to experiment.

error

Yeah, I really don't want people left out of visiting with you guys because you happened to have your nice event on a Tuesday and they wanted to be in Manchester that day, as so often happens now!

Raineyrocks

Just an idea. :)

Error, do I live in The Upper Valley?   If so, I'd love to get something started here again, any ideas?

error

Quote from: raineyrocks on October 07, 2008, 07:30 PM NHFT
Error, do I live in The Upper Valley?   If so, I'd love to get something started here again, any ideas?

I think you're right between the "Lakes Region" and the "North Country." If there are enough people up there yet, then absolutely something should be started! And maybe even if there aren't.

bill_mcgonigle

Quote from: raineyrocks on October 07, 2008, 07:30 PM NHFT
Error, do I live in The Upper Valley?   If so, I'd love to get something started here again, any ideas?

We meet two miles south of Dartmouth-Hitchcock, so if you're ever in town on the right day, stop by!