• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

NH Free Time (cont'd)

Started by orion, October 08, 2008, 05:40 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

orion

I am sorry if I am beating a dead horse, but I want to propose a standard for NH Free Time:

How about we base it off of the spring equinox? We could define it as 1200hrs when the sun is at an azimuth of 180 degrees. Time isn't perfect, but it is a useful tool (farming, etc). I think that by taking a scientific approach to it we can have the backing of a lot of scientists.

If we did NHFT in this manner for the year of 2008, on March 20th the time difference would be seven minutes. That is to say 11:53:30 EST = 12:00:00 NHFT. From then on we just let our clocks go. We would reset them once a year.

K. Darien Freeheart

The market makes it pretty clear that competing times are much better than a single, centrally controlled time.

Even with computers syncing to global time servers, I somehow manage to leave my office, clock out, walk a block and a half to my car, start it and be in my car three minutes before clocking out.

dalebert

Just not that high on my priority list of freedoms. *shrug*

AnarchoJesse

I'm down with this.

But then, I also propose using a new calender and year annotation system to reflect liberty- that, and it makes sense from the perspective that we're not actually recognizing "legal" days and months.

Russell Kanning

I guess you missed our discussion and vote for establishing NHFT.
The standard has been set ... and we don't have to adjust our clocks every year.
My watch is set to Shire Time and I pretty much know when it is high noon.

Brandon

Let's create a second NHFT to compete with the original.  >:D

J’raxis 270145

I use UTC and ISO 8601. That confuses enough people as it is. >:D

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Brandon on October 14, 2008, 01:05 AM NHFT
Let's create a second NHFT to compete with the original.  >:D
it will be hard for you to change the branding ... maybe you need a new one

Puke

I have an app on my iTouch called Emerald Chronometer.
It's a bunch of digital mechanical watches that have way more complications than a real watch could have.

One of the watches tells the time according to the sun position.
Essentially, it has Shire time.  8)

But I will be continuing to use normal time. Sorry Russell.  :Bolt:

Russell Kanning

so how close is Shire Time to Keene solar time?

part of the fun of the Shire is everyone does what they want ... since you are not hurting anyone by using George Bush Time