• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Porc "Daycare"?

Started by Jared, October 11, 2008, 11:11 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jared

i know there has been some discussion about this possibility on other threads, but I have been thinking about it more seriously as of late. my wife (ali-cat on this forum) is seriously considering quitting her job in favor of babysitting 3 children full time. she already has two people that are interested, and is just looking for one more. i believe that if you have 3 or fewer children, you do not need a government license? anyway, if there are any seacoast porcs who are interested in childcare, maybe this could be the start of the first porc "daycare"? i was thinking there could be one in each major region - seacoast, manchester, keene, deerfield, and grafton. even if my wife doesn't end up taking care of children and keeps her job, i would feel much better if my own children were with a porc rather then an average kid kennel. we work very hard to avoid daycare, because we can't help picturing our children sitting in front of a tv all day, or being taught things that we don't want them to learn. anyway, i think this is something to seriously consider. is anyone interested, or even able to participate in this?

btw, PM me if you are interested in my wife as a child care provider. she has first aid training, experience, and she grew up with foster children. and if i do say so myself, she's a really sweetheart  ;D

AntonLee

this sounds like a fantastic idea, especially if there are 'in area' freestaters who are only held up from coming out to support others because of children.  It'd be a good moneymaker for you two, and I agree, if (and when) I have children I'll be hoping to part with my money for good childcare.

awesome idea man. . . I had no idea ali-cat was your wifey! 

Jared

Quote from: AntonLee on October 11, 2008, 11:43 AM NHFT

awesome idea man. . . I had no idea ali-cat was your wifey! 

yeah man!are you going to the keene pumpkin/freedom fest? she'll be with me then. she works at night, so she can't get out with me much

MissNiki

I also think that is an awesome idea. I have been thinking about that since I started looking into moving. I am/was going to school for early childhood development and worked in a childcare facility at home. I think as more and more couples move or ppl here have children this will be in demand.  I'm in Manchester and most of us here are single.. so i dunno about Manchester.

Russell Kanning