• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Cheap Gas

Started by MaineShark, October 13, 2008, 03:10 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Toadstool

google hho

also I add 3 oz of acetone 3 oz of xylene and 3 oz of diesle fuel to my car every tank, I skip 5th tank...
adds 15 % mpg in my car.. my truck get 18% better...  the additives in fuel kill mpg, the 10% they add...the ethanol
\

many good ways to add mpg
add air to tires.
run easy on gas
I will be finding ways to better mpg and I will make a good post

neggy

I saw $1.999 at 3 unbranded stations on Salem Street in Medford this afternoon

Pat McCotter

Kat Kanning

I paid $1.88 out by Lauren's jail today.

JonM

$1.939 at the gas station closest to me, which is now one of the cheapeast in the area after it became an Irving.  When it was Mobil it was middle of the pack on price.  Did not really expect to see prices like this again for a long while.

dalebert

Darn. I thought I was doing alright at $2.09 today on 125 coming back from the Lauren jail protest. Well, they were out of regular and gave me super at the regular price. Don't really care though. As I understand, it doesn't make any difference unless you have an unusual car that needs premium gas.

Lloyd Danforth

There was a guy at the Evan Nappen move that published a pamphlet about saving fuel.. Anyone remember him?

Kat Kanning

Toadstool

Quote from: dalebert on November 16, 2008, 10:16 PM NHFT
Darn. I thought I was doing alright at $2.09 today on 125 coming back from the Lauren jail protest. Well, they were out of regular and gave me super at the regular price. Don't really care though. As I understand, it doesn't make any difference unless you have an unusual car that needs premium gas.

You will get better gas mileage with 93 oct. burns more complete, and now that they water down our gas with ethanol, ethanol in 10% will drop mpg by up to 50%!

I been on a MPG project for awhile, well since it hit $4 a gal.  My cars are tuned to run 93 so I gotta pay top dollar.
more good info on gas guys.

http://brightgreen.us/lubedev/smartgas/

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 17, 2008, 08:03 AM NHFT
There was a guy at the Evan Nappen move that published a pamphlet about saving fuel.. Anyone remember him?
you mean the guy from Hudson who spent about a week at  Burning Porcupine?

Lloyd Danforth

I do have a memory of running into him again.  Didn't realize it was that recently.

JonM

Hunter is usually at taproom tuesday.

PowerPenguin

Quote from: Toadstool on November 13, 2008, 02:11 PM NHFT
google hho

also I add 3 oz of acetone 3 oz of xylene and 3 oz of diesle fuel to my car every tank, I skip 5th tank...
adds 15 % mpg in my car.. my truck get 18% better...  the additives in fuel kill mpg, the 10% they add...the ethanol
\

many good ways to add mpg
add air to tires.
run easy on gas
I will be finding ways to better mpg and I will make a good post

2 questions:

1. How long have you been doing this? (Other additives I've tried for various purposes haven't done anything one way or the other)
2. Where does one get xylene?

Fluff and Stuff

It's 176.9 at the gas station next to where I used to live in Memphis but it's usually 10cents less in south Memphis (but I don't like that place).

Peacemaker

$1.85 today at Gas Station where Keith pumps his gas when he's in New Hampshire on the Seacoast.