• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Howard Dean at KSC 10/13

Started by AnarchoJesse, October 13, 2008, 12:31 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AnarchoJesse

Howard Dean will be at Keene State College for a voter registration drive. Myself and a few others will be protesting this with some anti-voting signs and handouts. Anyone care to join us?

Time is 11:30 in the Flag Room (wherever the hell that is).

Sam A. Robrin

Can you get some loud recordings of his infamous 2004 "Yeeee-haw!" moment?

dalebert

This went over really well. A couple of ladies were really upset by Jesse's sign that said "Voting is glorified gang-rape", but they had a very calm and civil conversation with us. It was bizarre. Instead of just yelling or threatening us with some kind of censorship, they just calmly and rationally tried to persuade us that it was not a good way of conveying our message. I kind of made excuses for it for a little while but eventually I found their arguments to be persuasive and said that, while I can't control whether he uses it, I would try to discourage use of the sign in the future. I can't speak for him, but I think Jesse was persuaded as well. I know he flipped it over and started showing the other side for the rest of the day.

It just seemed like a little reminder that violence begets violence and that civility begets civility.

David

:)  Worth repeating because it is so true;
Quote from: dalebert on October 13, 2008, 04:02 PM NHFT

It just seemed like a little reminder that violence begets violence and that civility begets civility.

Or as Mary Ruwart repeats over and over in her fantastic book, http://www.ruwart.com/Healing/
you reap what you sow.   :)

David

Just a thought, that is a really nice campus.  I have been on it before, but never really went through.  Rode through the other day just to see if any of the stuph was still going on.  It wasn't, but the ride through was worth it.   :)