• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Please post frugal living tips

Started by porcupine kate, December 01, 2007, 09:06 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdSoul

Instead of buying a computer or even a laptop get a USB drive that holds a ok amount of room (I have a 8 gig, but a 2-4 gig would work depending on what you want) and go to PortableApps.com and download all the programs you want for Free, and there is about any program you could need and install it on your USB.

This will give you a bunch of personal programs that you can use anytime you have someone who has a computer and will let you use it. My friend does this with my "spare" computer that I don't use, and does video editing and what not on it that his Home computer doesn't do. I also use this for work so that I have my own Web Browser with personal bookmarks that are not stored on my "work" computer, but instead on my USB.

Just a idea for those that don't have a computer, but are in places were a computer is and would like to have use of it and some programs it doesn't have. And most library's have computers you can use (or colleges) for free, or almost free.

PowerPenguin

This is kind of irrelevant since you can get external HDs for really cheap these days on ebay or amazon ;)

ColdSoul

These apps still work the same, they don't store anything on the computer your using them on, thus you keep all your information private as far as storage (not on the net) and you keep your own bookmarks, ect even on a portable HD.