• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free(dom) loving puppies

Started by Free libertarian, October 16, 2008, 09:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

BaRbArIaN

My wife is interested (so I guess I am too lol).  She wants to see the pics tho.

BaRbArIaN

My wife was looking up shot requirements in NH, apparently the rabies one is the only one that has to be administered by vet, the rest can be purchased and done privately as they are subcutaneous one shotters, so you can at least do those w/o much of a paper trail.

db_rae

we'd love to come by and see about one of them. the shots don't matter to me.

an interesting note about vets in NH. many of the people who are administering the medication/vaccinations are not even the licensed vet, they are vet techs who are not even certified or licensed in the state. NH only requires 2 years of working with animals or going to school for it. at least that was true about 12 years ago when i was looking into going to school for vet medicine after taking 2 years of animal science classes at my vocational high school. i also worked a year at the local equine clinic where we did more than just horses and the occasional cow. (lots of stray/abandoned animals wander in or got picked up at local farms visits.)

in case anyone is currious about vaccinations, a lot of vets are actually over-medicating by doing it annually. they are just following the 'reccomendations' by the drug manufacturers. many of the vaccination schedules are changing due to issues with pets getting sick or having medical issues due to them. many now say that 3 years between them is better that every year, and should no longer be given over the age of 8 years old.

Jefferspet.com is the only site i can find that carries all the vaccines (rabies and DA2PP) and does not require a prescription for either AND can ship to NH. though this time of year in NH i don't see any sense in shipping it overnight for the additional charge or cold packs.

http://gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXX/332-B/332-B-2.htm
#5 seems to cover you if you want to do your on meds/vaccinations as the owner. though there seems to be very loose interpretation on a few others.

even PetCo does vaccinations in NH, though i'm not sure if they have a vet on their staff at each one or if they bring one in on certain days, or if it someone that works there.

if anyone is currious about sate laws on dogs and cats. NH has it under the Dept of Agriculture's site.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/NHTOC/NHTOC-XLV-466.htm

Deb