• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

...but they're driving me crazy

Started by Raineyrocks, October 16, 2008, 07:23 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I don't know what to do with my cats anymore, this should probably go under the whining thread but I figured maybe more people would read it here.  :-\

They are scratching the posts in the basement ceiling down to half the size they used to be, they ripped the insulation out of the ceiling so they could lay in the rafters and jump on the kids.  :hopmad:

Target practice, anybody?  >:D   Just kidding, (I think)!

Kat Kanning

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 16, 2008, 08:05 AM NHFT
Spray bottle of water.

With or without bleach?  >:D   Actually we've tried everything, they were stray cats from Maryland and I think they are just feral cats that can't be domesticated or terrorized.  :-\

Friday

I don't know what to do with my cats either!  They used to get along OK, but lately Tom seems to be annoying Ezme more and more.  I think maybe he's hitting on her, cat-style, which seems to involve incessant sniffing of her ass and occasionally lunging at her and biting her on the neck.  Last night she got so pissed, she started making the most horrific noises, growling and hissing and spitting and wailing.  I tried to separate them for a while by throwing Tom in the bathroom, and got a 2-inch gash across my palm and wrist for my trouble. This went on *all night long*.  They finally shut up and settled down right around the time I had to get up and go to work.   :coffee:

I'm wondering if Tom has actually broken her skin, because Ezme has a couple of sticky spots in her fur.  But because she's a black cat, it's really hard to tell if it's blood or not.  So far I've resisted getting Tom neutered, but I'm afraid those bad boys have got to go.   :Bolt:

Jim Johnson

Make Tom call Ezme Miss Jackson if he's nasty.

By the way, cats have been... ya know... taken care a business that way for a really long time... since before Lloyd even.

AntonLee

spray bottle WITHOUT beach.  We tried a little "clicker" thing but that didn't work.  My cats have always bullied each other. . . when one died, the new cat bullied the old bully.  It was kinda like Justice so I let it go on for a while.  But sometimes they get out of hand so a nice spray bottle works just fine.

I've had strays, they just need to be taught that their old ways are gone.  Give them their sense of the "hunt". . .hiding a few treats. . . putting out one of those moving mice really seemed to work.

now my cats are both domesticated and I love them dearly!  In case you were wondering, their names are Bailey and Rambo.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: AntonLee on October 19, 2008, 09:23 AM NHFT
spray bottle WITHOUT beach.  We tried a little "clicker" thing but that didn't work.  My cats have always bullied each other. . . when one died, the new cat bullied the old bully.  It was kinda like Justice so I let it go on for a while.  But sometimes they get out of hand so a nice spray bottle works just fine.

I've had strays, they just need to be taught that their old ways are gone.  Give them their sense of the "hunt". . .hiding a few treats. . . putting out one of those moving mice really seemed to work.

now my cats are both domesticated and I love them dearly!  In case you were wondering, their names are Bailey and Rambo.

I was only joking about the bleach.  :)  I like your cat's names.   I'm not sure what we're going to do yet it just seems like nothing helps their bizarre behavior.  :-\   

AntonLee

lol good I'm glad it was a joke  ;D

if I bleached my cats they'd look like zebras. . .I have two all black kitties. . . no one ever wants the black ones I don't know why.

grasshopper

Raineyrocks

Quote from: AntonLee on October 19, 2008, 09:54 AM NHFT

if I bleached my cats they'd look like zebras. . .I have two all black kitties. . . no one ever wants the black ones I don't know why.

I love black cats they are so beautiful!  :)  I've read a lot of black cats go missing around Halloween because of their symbolic something or the other.   :dontknow:

In Philly, they used to put warnings in the newspapers to keep an extra watch on your cats around Halloween time.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: grasshopper on October 21, 2008, 10:49 AM NHFT
How about an airsoft gun? ::)

I actually caught my oldest son shooting one of these guns at one of the cats to get it down from the rafters or at least that's what I was told. ::)  Anyways I made him stop because the cat just looked terrified and let out that weird feral mewo, it was heartbreaking.   

I make jokes about doing a lot of rotten stuff to the cats because they're so destructive but I could never really do anything I joke about.

AntonLee

Quote from: raineyrocks on October 21, 2008, 12:05 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on October 19, 2008, 09:54 AM NHFT

I love black cats they are so beautiful!  :)  I've read a lot of black cats go missing around Halloween because of their symbolic something or the other.   :dontknow:

In Philly, they used to put warnings in the newspapers to keep an extra watch on your cats around Halloween time.

a neighbor of mine spray painted a cat black one year when I was a child for halloween.  Sick bastards.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on October 17, 2008, 09:25 PM NHFT
Make Tom call Ezme Miss Jackson if he's nasty.

By the way, cats have been... ya know... taken care a business that way for a really long time... since before Lloyd even.

Although they were domesticated just shortly  before my birth.

Friday

this morning, with two hungry and angry cats circling my feet like small fuzzy sharks, and trying to get them off my back by feeding them, but barely having enough counter space upon which to place two dishes and a can of cat food, then distracted by trying to break up a catfight, can of cat food falls to the floor, noise scares cats, both of whom bolt, one of whom does so over by bare foot, managing to puncture the skin all the way to a blood vessel, resulting in blood streaming out and around toe to the floor.  Do not have enough hands to give one bowl of food to each cat while simultaneously finding something absorbent and sterile with which to soak up blood.  Cats get confused and start eating out of same bowl, resulting in imminent onset of another catfight.  Bang on other bowl to draw attention to it.  Put pressure on toe.  Clean trail of blood off kitchen floor. Go directly back to bed.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Friday on November 08, 2008, 10:17 AM NHFT
this morning, with two hungry and angry cats circling my feet like small fuzzy sharks, and trying to get them off my back by feeding them, but barely having enough counter space upon which to place two dishes and a can of cat food, then distracted by trying to break up a catfight, can of cat food falls to the floor, noise scares cats, both of whom bolt, one of whom does so over by bare foot, managing to puncture the skin all the way to a blood vessel, resulting in blood streaming out and around toe to the floor.  Do not have enough hands to give one bowl of food to each cat while simultaneously finding something absorbent and sterile with which to soak up blood.  Cats get confused and start eating out of same bowl, resulting in imminent onset of another catfight.  Bang on other bowl to draw attention to it.  Put pressure on toe.  Clean trail of blood off kitchen floor. Go directly back to bed.

Oh my gosh, that was the start of your day?  That royally sucks!   I hope they didn't get a taste for or of your blood or your screwed tomorrow morning! :o

Just kidding and I hope your wounds get better, damn cats!