• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren's Immenseness Blocks Entrance

Started by TackleTheWorld, October 20, 2008, 03:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: dalebert on November 26, 2008, 09:56 AM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 25, 2008, 07:25 PM NHFT
...the 27 cent stamps.   that's the price of a postcard currently, going up in a month or two I think.
Make sure it's a standard size postcard though. If it's over-sized, it requires a normal stamp.
Priority and Express go up Jan. 18. Postcard and letter postage doesn't go up until May. The new rates will be announced in Feb. Postcards have to be from 3 1/2 to 4 1/4 inches by 5 to 6 inches wide, and 0.007 to 0.016 inches thick. Over 6 1/8 by 11 1/2 inches is no longer eligible for standard first class postage even, and right now is $0.83 for the first ounce and $0.17 for each additional ounce, instead of the letter rate of $0.42. The letter rate only goes up to 3.5 ounces, and they charge the same $0.17 for each additional ounce or fraction thereof. Standard run of the mill copier paper is usually about 0.003 inches thick, so postcards have to be about twice that up to about five times that thickness. Letters can be up to 1/4 inch thick, but are supposed to be "uniform thickness". They charge an extra 20 cents if you have say a pen in the envelope, or it has a clasp, making it "nonmachinable". That would probably include sealing wax. Myself I love sealing wax.

Pat K

How many Seals do ya have to whack
to get a jar of sealing wax?

JosephSHaas

Quote from: www on November 26, 2008, 08:21 AM NHFT
Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 25, 2008, 07:25 PM NHFT
are you pursuing the nov 30 demonstration? 
I expect to be there, unless someone else suggests a better time or place.

Danny (Daniel-John: Riley) said that the last demonstration was SUPER!  All the inmates and guards saw and heard it.  Now what? To set a bonfire, and let them smell it?  8) Go fer it!

Dave Ridley

i would welcome more details regarding riley's report
if you could get some exact quotes from him joe that would be great

Dave Ridley

people wrote about 10 postcards at the thanksgiving party

the first 3 went out that day
the next 7 go out today

dalebert

I'm writing her every day. I was slack for the first week or so though. Today's postcard includes this text on one side:

Attn: Lauren's Captors
I beg you to be humane. Please deliver Lauren's mail. Lots of people care about her and are concerned about her treatment while in your custody. Thank you.

Russell Kanning

firecracker joe

i'm with russel the last place lauren deserves to be is locked up in a little cage when she got a perfectly comfortable home
                    FREE LAUREN CANARIO!!!!!!!!!!!

JosephSHaas

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 30, 2008, 11:00 AM NHFT
i would welcome more details regarding riley's report
if you could get some exact quotes from him joe that would be great

When I see him on Thursday, I'll ask him about this.

In the meantime, see this James Madison quote, that could be applied to this bail-out bill:

http://www.quotedb.com/quotes/3229    - - Joe

Russell Kanning

I bet the trip around the jail caused quite a stir.
I wonder how the jail likes having Lauren in there all this time.

Mike Barskey

Reminder: Lauren has 8 days left in jail. Please keep her company during her last incarcerated week. Write her letters - on your own or using Mail-to-Jail. If you send a letter in the next few days, it will reach the jail before she is released.

Kat Kanning

Mike Barskey

Kat Kanning

Mike Barskey

Hey! Master Butterfly. MB. Mike Barskey. Nice. Although, it isn't the most manly of nicknames.  :-\