• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren's Immenseness Blocks Entrance

Started by TackleTheWorld, October 20, 2008, 03:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalWarrior

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 10, 2008, 05:35 PM NHFT
Judge:  Magistrate Muirhead
Jury:  none
The Drega reference:  He let Lauren say her piece at the end.  Basically what she did was go thru the checkpoint, set it off, and refuse to come back thru it or empty her pockets.  She didn't want to take her hands out of her pockets either.  So when she spoke at the end of the trial, she pointed out that no one was hurt, there was no victim.  The judge got incensed, and said a few years ago a guy came to this court and refused to show what was in his hands, and then when he was turned away, he went up north and shot a judge and a couple cops.  And that was why they NEEDED such rules.

It's all about keeping the government safe.

30 days is disgusting. 

Was Lauren given the choice to leave instead of be searched?  It looked like the other one availed himself of that choice, further illustrating the difference.

Kat Kanning

She said she thought she was able to leave up until the time they arrested her.

lastlady

I am really trying to figure out what these assholes in that fed building are thinking. 30 days?!?! They are really desperate now...

FREE LAUREN CANARIO!

Friday

Quote from: error on November 10, 2008, 03:00 PM NHFT
Kat called in reporting that the judge compared Lauren to Carl Drega and sentenced her to the maximum sentence, 30 days in jail. She will be in Strafford County Jail. :(
[edited for language]  This is outrageous and makes me very angry.   >:(   :angry4:

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K

The comparison to Drega was nothing
more than propaganda cover for the
the judges striking out at Lauren, with a max
sentence. The judge instinctively knows that
Lauren's quiet contempt and mockery of their
tyranny is much more dangerous, to their
system than a desperate act of violence,
by a man pushed to far.

neggy

Talk about the textbook example of lack of proper judicial temperament.  With a statement like that it is no wonder she didn't get a fair trial. Who the hell brought that guy up? No way it could have been introduced at trial, so that tells me the fix was in before the case was even heard.

(V)

Rate the Magistrate (not even a full judge)
Hon. James R. Muirhead   
Magistrate Judge   
D.N.H.   
Average Rating:8.4 - 3 rating(s)

http://www.therobingroom.com/Judge.aspx?ID=577

QuoteCriminal Defense Lawyer   
Comment #: 1366
Rating:8.6 
Comments:
A terrific judge with a sometimes inappropriate temperment.

J’raxis 270145

Fluff and Stuff

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Pat K on November 10, 2008, 07:32 PM NHFT
The comparison to Drega was nothing
more than propaganda cover for the
the judges striking out at Lauren, with a max
sentence. The judge instinctively knows that
Lauren's quiet contempt and mockery of their
tyranny is much more dangerous, to their
system than a desperate act of violence,
by a man pushed to far.

Need to quote you in the paper :)

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Lauren must be sitting in one of the bubble rooms in Strafford County jail right now. She was there for 17 days last time ... I wonder if the booking guys will have to look at her for the full month. :)

AntonLee

this whole thing breaks my effing heart.  How could someone do this to her?  How could it even happen in civilized society?  How could another human being hold so much power?

this "man". . . this "magistrate" . . . . I won't go on. . . I'm more civilized than that.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: neggy on November 10, 2008, 07:43 PM NHFT
Talk about the textbook example of lack of proper judicial temperament.  With a statement like that it is no wonder she didn't get a fair trial. Who the hell brought that guy up? No way it could have been introduced at trial, so that tells me the fix was in before the case was even heard.

Judge brought it up at the sentencing.