• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren's Immenseness Blocks Entrance

Started by TackleTheWorld, October 20, 2008, 03:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 21, 2008, 05:21 AM NHFT
 You have very little time to explain yourself before you're gone.

I'm not sure what there is to explain. This is a moderated forum. I deleted the joke, as I'm sure that any moderator could have done. Or is it self-moderated? Same difference, either way. I'm not a "blogger", don't have time for it, but was asked to post here and so I signed up and am happy to contribute. There are many issues that I will be able to contribute on, but not on a very regular basis - life is too short for that.

Kat Kanning

So you thought that would be funny for her husband to come on here and read?  What a fucking jerk.  >:(

AntonLee

I don't get this crap, but it's quite unnecessary.

Dave Ridley

unless i have misunderstood the identity of www  ....  he is one of my students and has been to demonstrations and free stater events.   Previously I've never seen or heard him do anything inappropriate.

I think he's a long time new hampshire resident

I don't know what exactly was in this now broken link but maybe we should assume there's a possibility he made some sort of honest mistake or that there is some misunderstanding before destroying his account?

Kat Kanning

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 21, 2008, 10:49 AM NHFT
unless i have misunderstood the identity of www  ....  he is one of my students and has been to demonstrations and free stater events.   Previously I've never seen or heard him do anything inappropriate.

I think he's a long time new hampshire resident

I don't know what exactly was in this now broken link but maybe we should assume there's a possibility he made some sort of honest mistake or that there is some misunderstanding before destroying his account?

Maybe you should be more careful about who you invite.  >:(

Just to set the record straight, yes I'm a New Hampshire native, and a freestater who took the videography course at porcfest. I'm very excited about the free state project because I absolutely hate the idea of NH ever getting an income tax or a sales tax and want all 20,000 to get here now if not sooner if possible. I started out school in a one room school here and think that we spend four times as much as we need to in New Hampshire, even though New Hampshire already spends a lot less than most states. I deleted the offensive post as soon as I learned that it could be construed as offensive. Nuff said?

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 21, 2008, 05:21 AM NHFT
Dada specifically asked for him to be let onto the forum.  Now it doesn't seem like it was such a good idea.  >:(   You have very little time to explain yourself before you're gone.

I never saw the pictures, but it sure seems to have been a well-intentioned joke that got taken wrongly (never had any first-hand experience with that, no sir . . .).  Can this board afford to go alienating potential allies over such insignificance?  (I thought that was the liberals' department . . . !)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on November 21, 2008, 05:14 PM NHFT
Can this board afford to go alienating potential allies over such insignificance?

yes, this isn't the big tent.

Unlike other forums many of us actually know each other in the physical world.

Pat K

Quote from: "Sugar Pants" Sawyer on November 21, 2008, 06:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on November 21, 2008, 05:14 PM NHFT
Can this board afford to go alienating potential allies over such insignificance?

yes, this isn't the big tent.

Unlike other forums many of us actually know each other in the physical world.

Well if ya use my shirt we could make a big tent.

Tom Sawyer

Kat Kanning

Quote from: www on November 21, 2008, 04:41 PM NHFT
Just to set the record straight, yes I'm a New Hampshire native, and a freestater who took the videography course at porcfest. I'm very excited about the free state project because I absolutely hate the idea of NH ever getting an income tax or a sales tax and want all 20,000 to get here now if not sooner if possible. I started out school in a one room school here and think that we spend four times as much as we need to in New Hampshire, even though New Hampshire already spends a lot less than most states. I deleted the offensive post as soon as I learned that it could be construed as offensive. Nuff said?

No, it isn't enough.  Someone who'd made an honest mistake would apologize to her husband, at least so he didn't get punched in the nose when they met.  But then, decent people wouldn't have made the "joke" in the first place.  Your politics don't keep you from being an asshole.

AntonLee

www, that sort of stuff from now on probably should be posted at the FTL BBS. . . it's the 4chan of the freedom world. . . just a tip  ;D

dalebert

Quote from: www on November 20, 2008, 10:30 PM NHFT
What it shows is a bunch of army types holding rifles and three naked prisoners in chains digging ditches.

I'm glad the pic didn't work for me. I'm having an awful hard time understanding how posting something like that and asking if one of them is our friend Lauren is supposed to be funny.

It doesn't matter if anyone did or didn't understand the humor. It's gone. If I offended anyone, I apologize. Some jokes, like have you stopped beating your wife, are non-sequiturs, they don't mean anything because they are self contradictory.

Back to more important issues though, is anyone going over to the jail in these last 30-12=18 days or am I going to be there picketing all by myself?

AntonLee