• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren's Immenseness Blocks Entrance

Started by TackleTheWorld, October 20, 2008, 03:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

choose a good day for yourself ... tell us about it ... and someone will probably join you :)

Coconut

Quote from: www on November 22, 2008, 08:26 AM NHFT
If I offended anyone, I apologize.

Boy do I say that a lot.

Any I'm not even making jokes when I offend people; I'm just talking.

1 pm to 2 pm Sunday November 23 and November 30 should work for me. I was hoping that someone else would pick a date and time, though, but since no one else has...

I had been hoping that when I read about Sunday it meant this Sunday, but it turned out that it meant last Sunday. I tend to find out about things after the fact. Ask Shorty what day they want.

Kat Kanning

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 24, 2008, 12:28 PM NHFT
Day 15....she's halfway done  :)

Damn, 30 days is a long time. :(

So far, in addition to all the letters and postcards y'all have sent on your own, Mail-to-Jail has sent 10 letters to Lauren. And we sent 15 to Ian (but since he was released before he could receive them, we emailed them to Ian in a PDF). Thank you very much, everyone, for taking a little of your time to think of Lauren and Ian in jail for hurting no one.

Ian was sentenced to 93 days, which surely incited some emotion and hence a large amount of letter-writing, but Lauren has already served 15 days and has 15 more to go! Please don't let her get lonely in there! Write her more letters.

Maybe you could tell her what you're doing for Thanksgiving. She said before she was taken that she that we still had to have fun at her house at Thanksgiving. Even if you're doing something else for Thanksgiving, it might be nice to let her know what you're thankful for these days.

lastlady

I love your mail to jail project Mike. However, for me I really enjoy sending her pretty postcards and letters. I also like for the jail to see Lauren getting mail from across the country.

I just hope she is receiving mail.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: lastlady on November 24, 2008, 02:02 PM NHFT
I love your mail to jail project Mike. However, for me I really enjoy sending her pretty postcards and letters. I also like for the jail to see Lauren getting mail from across the country.

Thanks. I know what you mean: variety is nice, too. Also, return addresses from around the country is good for the jailers to see (Lauren will see it anyway, if either she knows you or if you put it in your letter).

It's not important to me that people use Mail-to-Jail to send letters to Lauren and other jailed NH freedom activists. What is important is that they send her letters. So thank you for sending her postcards!

Your comment gave me an idea, though. I can't accommodate diverse return addresses (at least, I don't know how to, yet), but I can offer Mail-to-Jail users the option of sending a letter or sending a postcard! I'll work on it.

dalebert

I sent her a couple mailings early on and then had a slack period when things were a bit crazy with the church stuph, but I'm back to mailing her something daily, even if it's just a postcard. But I like to hand write something. I've got a little stack of hand-written postcards stamped and ready to go each day and when I think of something to write, I just go ahead and write it so I can add to the stack.

Mike Barskey

lastlady

Quote from: dalebert on November 24, 2008, 02:34 PM NHFT
I've got a little stack of hand-written postcards stamped and ready to go each day and when I think of something to write, I just go ahead and write it so I can add to the stack.

That's a really cool way of doing it. I might have to copy cat you.  :D

Friday

Dave Ridley

www the idea of  another demonstration at the jail sounds great altho i just now heard about it

are you pursuing the nov 30 demonstration?   did a nov 22 demo occurr?

another thought....how about a postcard writing party at jim's thanksgiving event?

i have probably 30 postcards and 10 stamps on hand to bring ...the 27 cent stamps.   that's the price of a postcard currently, going up in a month or two I think.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: lastlady on November 24, 2008, 02:02 PM NHFT
They say she is ... but they also lie often.
Your mail effects the system one way or another.

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 25, 2008, 07:25 PM NHFT
are you pursuing the nov 30 demonstration? 
I expect to be there, unless someone else suggests a better time or place.

dalebert

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 25, 2008, 07:25 PM NHFT
...the 27 cent stamps.   that's the price of a postcard currently, going up in a month or two I think.

Make sure it's a standard size postcard though. If it's over-sized, it requires a normal stamp. Mine turned out to be over-sized. The ones you typically see on vacation to FL and stuph like that tend to be over-sized. The ones Kat had at lunch after Lauren's trial were standard sized, I believe.