• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lauren's Immenseness Blocks Entrance

Started by TackleTheWorld, October 20, 2008, 03:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

Hey! How did my board name get changed? Methinks someone doth have too much power! :) (actually, I like it. Thanks!)

Tom Sawyer

At least it isn't "Sugar Pants"...

Kat is E_V_I_L_ I tells ya.  >:D

Mike Barskey

Oh! I thought you branded yourself "Sugar Pants." How naive of me. :)

Kat Kanning

Don't listen to him...he's always going around asking people to please please call him sugar pants.  ;D

dalebert

I called the jail today to ask about the mail issue. He asked for the spelling of her last name which I thought was kind of funny because I'm sure they get frequent calls about her and he must be joking.

Anyhoo, I asked if she was receiving mail and able to write out. I expressed concern that she wasn't because no one has gotten any letters from her including her own husband and I said she usually writes out. He assured me that they don't hold back any mail to any of the inmates because I asked if there might be some exception being made regarding her for some reason. I didn't say from not being in the regular holding area or anything. I probably should have asked that but didn't think of it at the time.

I put a letter and a postcard in the mail to her yesterday which should go out today. Anyone know the last day that we should mail her? I wouldn't be surprised if the mail reaches the jail by the next business day with it being so close.

Kat Kanning

It's possible she's not officially an "inmate" since she's not booked in.

Kat Kanning

Comments/suggestions on this article before it goes in?

Sometimes the Small Things have the Most Profound Repercussions

By Kat Kanning

My friend Lauren Canario is imprisoned by the federal government.  Why she is there is not the important thing.  (She refused to give up her cell phone at a court security checkpoint.)  What is important is that she is resisting the government.  We can go on and on detailing government abuses – from 9/11 to Iraq to TSA checkpoints to torture to public schools, but all that knowledge will do no good unless we actually resist tyranny.  THAT is what Lauren is doing, resisting them.  They say 'jump', she says 'no'.  A small minority of tyrants can rule the vast majority of compliant subjects.  They cannot control millions of people resisting them.

One does not need to get thrown in jail to resist the government.  Peter Macdonald of Bow, NH writes letters to the editors every day, and does his best to help out people who are being oppressed by government.  My family refuses to pay federal income taxes.  David Krouse of Keene refused to register his car. David Manning, also of Keene, refused to pay traffic tickets.  Many people have been refusing to stand in court for judges.  Cooper Travis of Candia refused to let officers search his home without a warrant.  He also refused to stop filming at his own home and got hauled into jail for it.  Even my teenage daughter will stand up to the police and tell them no occasionally.

My point is that it doesn't have to be big, just do something so you're not a 100% compliant victim.  Make the bureaucrat's job difficult.  Let them know you don't like what they're doing.  The very least you can do is make their sure their job is not easy – make them hate what they're doing to us.  Don't let them think that they're really doing it all for our own good.  Make them face the fact that they're a part of the tyranny.

How can this be done?  Here are a few easy suggestions.  Sometimes even the small things can lead to jail these days, though.  Ian Bernard did not sit fast enough and was sentenced to 30 days in jail for it.  So question authority at your own risk.

Ask questions.  Someone in government demands your money or time, ask them, "Why should I?"

Say no to an officer.  It's liberating.

Laugh at a government official.  They take themselves too seriously.

Do things that are technically legal but frowned upon.  Example:  open carry of firearms in New Hampshire, legal but makes the government unhappy. 

Film or photograph tyranny in action.

Help support someone who is resisting them more actively:  someone in the community fighting for property rights, someone doing civil disobedience.

Deal in barter or with cash to cut the government out of your business dealings.

Use silver or gold for currency.

Assist the Catholic Workers.  They have been helping people and doing civil disobedience for many years now.

Try some of Gene Sharp's 198 ideas for nonviolent resistance:
http://www.aeinstein.org/organizations/org/198_methods.pdf

22 Ways to Help Tax Resisters
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=13797.0

Revolution, You Say You Want A...
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=8273.

(Thanks to Tom Sawyer, Moorlock, John and 41Mag from the NH Underground for suggestions for resistance.)

Mike Barskey

Awesome! Thanks Kat, Tom, Moorlock, John, and 41! I'm going to share this on Facebook.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 02, 2008, 02:03 PM NHFT
Comments/suggestions on this article before it goes in?

Sometimes the Small Things have the Most Profound Repercussions

By Kat Kanning

My friend Lauren Canario is imprisoned by the federal government.  Why she is there is not the important thing.  (She refused to give up her cell phone at a court security checkpoint.)  What is important is that she is resisting the government.  We can go on and on detailing government abuses – from 9/11 to Iraq to TSA checkpoints to torture to public schools, but all that knowledge will do no good unless we actually resist tyranny.  THAT is what Lauren is doing, resisting them.  They say ["Jump,"] she says ["No."]  A small minority of tyrants can rule the vast majority of compliant subjects.  They cannot control millions of people resisting them.

One does not need to get thrown in jail to resist the government.  Peter Macd[cap?]onald of Bow, NH[,] writes letters to the editors every day, and does his best to help out people who are being oppressed by government.  My family refuses to pay federal income taxes.  David Krouse of Keene refused to register his car. David Manning, also of Keene, refused to pay traffic tickets.  Many people have been refusing to stand in court for judges.  Cooper Travis of Candia refused to let officers search his home without a warrant.  He also refused to stop filming at his own home and got hauled into jail for it.  Even my teenage daughter will stand up to the police and tell them no occasionally.

My point is that it doesn't have to be big[--]just do something so you're not a 100% compliant victim.  Make the bureaucrat[s' jobs] difficult.  Let them know you don't like what they're doing.  The very least you can do is make []sure their job [echo with "job" above] is not easy – make them hate what they're doing to us.  Don't let them think that they're really doing it all for our own good.  Make them face the fact that they're a part of the tyranny.

How can this be done?  Here are a few easy suggestions.  [[Needs stronger transition] Keep in mind, though, that s]ometimes even the small things can lead to jail these days[].  Ian Bernard did not sit fast enough and was sentenced to 30 days in jail for it [quote link to video, perhaps with a friendly "Don't take my word for it, watch ---"].  So [[to avoid echo with use below] defy] authority at your own risk.

Ask questions.  Someone in government demands your money or time, ask them, "Why should I?"

Say no to an officer.  It's liberating.

Laugh at a government official.  They take themselves too seriously.

Do things that are technically legal but frowned upon.  Example:  open carry of firearms in New Hampshire[--]legal but makes the government unhappy. 

Film or photograph tyranny in action.

Help support someone who is resisting [not clear who "them" is--could even be that improper but commonly seen gender-nonspecific pronoun usage] []more actively:  someone in the community fighting for property rights, someone [ ["do" is always vague--use more specific verb if one is available] committ]ing civil disobedience [more examples!].

Deal in barter or with cash to cut the government out of your business dealings.

Use silver or gold for currency.

Assist the Catholic Workers.  They have been helping people and [ [as above] practic]ing civil disobedience for many years now.

Try some of Gene Sharp's 198 ideas for nonviolent resistance:
http://www.aeinstein.org/organizations/org/198_methods.pdf

22 Ways to Help Tax Resisters
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=13797.0

Revolution, You Say You Want A...
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=8273.

(Thanks to Tom Sawyer, Moorlock, John and 41Mag from the NH Underground for suggestions for resistance.)

Just a few quick emendations, bracketed for easy reference.  Hope it helps.
Whoops.  Meant to make this a PM, but screwed up (Who will proofread these selfsame proofreaders?).  Also learned that when you type the letter s in brackets () you get strikethroughs . . .

Pat McCotter

The article is very good, Kat. Thanks to you and the contributors for it.

There are just these two edits for you.

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 02, 2008, 02:03 PM NHFT
My point is that it doesn't have to be big, just do something so you're not a 100% compliant victim.  Make the bureaucrats' jobs difficult.  Let them know you don't like what they're doing.  The very least you can do is make their sure their job is not easy – make them hate what they're doing to us.  Don't let them think that they're really doing it all for our own good.  Make them face the fact that they're a part of the tyranny.

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

that is the greatest article I have ever read

Tom Sawyer

Sam A. Robrin

I really ought to specify that I thought it was a terrific article.  I have a bad habit of conveying that only by how few emendations I make, and should try to correct that sin of omission . . .

Kat Kanning

I'll be sending you all my articles from now on  :D  ;)