• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

"Police officer of the year" charged with drunken driving

Started by margomaps, October 24, 2008, 08:25 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

margomaps

I know, I know...we already have a thread about CNN headlines.  But that one is dedicated to more...lighthearted stories that really don't belong on the front page of a news outlet.  But I suppose one is lighthearted in a way; you see, there was a joke played on the taxpayers in which they continue to pay the salary of the drunken-driving cop while he's on "administrative leave."

Iowa officer of the year arrested for drunken driving.

On the bright side, it looks like at least the thin blue line didn't completely protect this guy who probably made a career out of throwing people in cages for driving drunk.

ByronB

I know of a PD that let one of there officers cruise all over town plastered... they pulled him over then just laughed at him and let him go at it some more.

Coconut

Quote from: ByronB on October 26, 2008, 01:54 AM NHFT
I know of a PD that let one of there officers cruise all over town plastered... they pulled him over then just laughed at him and let him go at it some more.

I heard of one where I guess a crew of officers pulled over a drunk driver that ended up being one of their supervisors off duty. They toiled for 30-45 minutes over what to do before letting him go, saying "If we bust him, our careers are over."

ColdSoul

I just this last week had a training on "Ethics in Law Enforcement" which was taught by a PHD in Psychology who also worked as a LE agent from San Diego. This guy openly admitted he "didn't know how he would give a work buddy a drunk driver ticket" but just got done saying how "he called a boss of a person he caught" because he found some Cocaine in there possesion. I asked him how he considered that Ethical if he wouldn't even take a coworker in for DUI? He of course said it wasn't ethical he just didn't know how he could do it.

I could give you more examples but I will wait until we are having a good time at Murphys in a month or so.