• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Rite Aid Rx Discount Card

Started by PowerPenguin, October 26, 2008, 01:13 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerPenguin

Rite Aid now has a Rx generic drug discount card that you all might find useful: http://www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/rx_savings.jsf. It also seems to save you 10% on most non Rx products at the store with some noted exceptions.

Pat McCotter

I am not belittling this program but...

I  give Rite-Aid my info, which I would normally give them when buying prescriptions from them, and they give me a discount. I always ask at this point, "Why? What's in it for Rite-Aid?" They get my info either way. What does the card give them that they don't already get from me? It costs Rite-Aid to administer this program. They must be getting something to offer a discount.

And, yes, I ask this same question of grocery stores and any other retailer offering preferred customer cards - or whatever they call them.

doobie

Quote from: Pat McCotter on October 26, 2008, 02:27 PM NHFT

I  give Rite-Aid my info, which I would normally give them when buying prescriptions from them, and they give me a discount. I always ask at this point, "Why? What's in it for Rite-Aid?" They get my info either way. What does the card give them that they don't already get from me? It costs Rite-Aid to administer this program. They must be getting something to offer a discount.

And, yes, I ask this same question of grocery stores and any other retailer offering preferred customer cards - or whatever they call them.

More sales?  People going there instead of Walgreens, etc,etc.

Also, I think the Rite Aid Rx Savings Card isn't just for prescriptions...so they get your information that way and can track your purchases. 

KBCraig

They can't sell your prescription information due to privacy laws. But they can sell your marketing information that you give them for the discount.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: KBCraig on October 26, 2008, 06:35 PM NHFT
They can't sell your prescription information due to privacy laws. But they can sell your marketing information that you give them for the discount.

I thought this might be the case.

Quote from: doobie on October 26, 2008, 06:10 PM NHFT
More sales?  People going there instead of Walgreens, etc,etc.

Yeah, but...Gloria pores through the sales flyers every week looking for the things we buy. No store loyalty here, just price driven.

Quote from: doobie on October 26, 2008, 06:10 PM NHFT
Also, I think the Rite Aid Rx Savings Card isn't just for prescriptions...so they get your information that way and can track your purchases. 

Yeah, this is what got Katherine Albrecht started before RFID - http://www.nocards.org/.

Lloyd Danforth

Gloria is smarter than the average bear ;D

PowerPenguin

Benefits of loyalty programs for a company:

1. Market Research
2. Collectivize customers to buy from them vs the competition, even if prices are the same after discount. Discounts often are 'real', but sometimes the regular price at the competition can be the same or lower, depending on what the product is and what stores you're comparing.