• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

nh deer tags

Started by gunless, October 29, 2008, 07:38 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

gunless

if your lucky enough to bag a deer with a firearm,when you tag and register the deer all that info goes to concord right?will it then get run through the n.i.c.s. background check?????

John Edward Mercier

No, the information goes into a biologist database on herd health.

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on October 29, 2008, 07:55 PM NHFT
No, the information goes into a biologist database on herd health.

And who and what agencies ultimately have access to that database?

Free libertarian

Quote from: gunless on October 29, 2008, 07:38 PM NHFT
if your lucky enough to bag a deer with a firearm,when you tag and register the deer all that info goes to concord right?will it then get run through the n.i.c.s. background check?????

Firearms?  Heck up here in Grafton we RUN 'em down and knock 'em over the head then we drag the King's deer back to our lairs and do Primitive writings on the cave walls with charcoal to brag about the successful hunt!
What's a deer tag?  ;D

gunless

i need to know but dont want to call fish and game?

Pat K

John Edward Mercier

Fish and Game biologist are the ones with access to the database...
There are two different databases... one with permit information. The other with results (number of animals taken, sex, weight, etc.)... and some game stations will have the F&G biologist visiting during heavy activity to look at teeth and other determinants of health.

The permit information would be more pertinent for what your asking. Pretty sure that is public, but I could check if you'd like.

doobie

I think the question gunless is really asking trying to ask is....

A) S/He is a prohibited person who can't possess guns
B) S/He doesn't want someone to know he possess guns.

Will bagging and tagging a deer raise flags somewhere that he possessed a firearm when he/she shouldn't, or that s/he has one when he doesn't want someone to know....

(I don't know the answer; just maybe clarifying the question)

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: John Edward Mercier on October 30, 2008, 08:13 AM NHFT
Fish and Game biologist are the ones with access to the database...
There are two different databases... one with permit information. The other with results (number of animals taken, sex, weight, etc.)... and some game stations will have the F&G biologist visiting during heavy activity to look at teeth and other determinants of health.

The permit information would be more pertinent for what your asking. Pretty sure that is public, but I could check if you'd like.

Sure, thanks. I think this might be the info the OP was looking for, too.

KBCraig

Quote from: doobie on October 30, 2008, 09:46 AM NHFT
Will bagging and tagging a deer raise flags somewhere that he possessed a firearm when he/she shouldn't, or that s/he has one when he doesn't want someone to know....

Only if you have to list how the deer was taken when you fill out the tag.

Plenty of people take deer every year without firearms. Aside from archery, there is black powder (muzzleloaders aren't legally "firearms").

John Edward Mercier

The licensing information includes the need for a State-issued DL or State Certified Non-DL Photo ID #. It requires the individual to personally submit for it, or if in the case of a minor without the above identification through their parent or guardian submitting their identification number.
So I would surmise that the license information either will be run through the files... or at least possibly could be resulting in some outcome.
They do have a check box for those individuals that wish to keep their names from commercial release.

===============================================================================
Hunting: This license entitles a person to take wildlife (including small game) during the open season; a deer tag is issued with this license. $22 Non-res $103

Archery: This license allows a person to hunt deer during the archery season, and wildlife during the open season, using a bow as your weapon. An archery deer tag is issued with this license. You may not purchase a Special Archery Deer permit without an Archery license. $22 Non-res $73

Special Deer Archery: This permit allows a person to take a second deer during the archery season. This permit must be purchased at the same time the archery license is purchased. It may not be purchased later. A second archery deer tag is issued with this license. $16 Non-res $16

Muzzleloader: This license allows a person to hunt deer during the special muzzleloader deer season and can only be purchased if a hunting or combination license is also being or has previously been purchased. No deer tag is issued with this license. $16 Non-res $41

Sorry, wish there was better news...