• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

better cell service in Grafton?

Started by Mike Barskey, October 31, 2008, 10:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Mike "the Social Butterfly" Barskey on November 02, 2008, 08:33 AM NHFTThat might be considered good news. It's only a relatively easily surmountable technical obstacle, as opposed to a potentially deal-killing philosophical obstacle.

For me, it's the internet access I'm not yet ready to give up (cell service would be nice, too, but that's not as important), and I think that's probably even easier to get.
we are getting good internet now with $100/month satellite
over time there has to be better mobile phone and internet that will become available
our front yard works for some phones ... maybe we need a nice antenna and a broadcaster of some sort

Mike Barskey

More progress on the femtocell front. This isn't news so much as a slight progression towards the possibility of achieving better cell service within your home in places like Grafton with limited carriers sometimes in the relatively near future.

Sheesh, when I say it like that, it's hardly worth posting! :)

jerry

I just bought a Verizon wireless card and am using it (sitting on the table inside my house)to post here from the southern tropical region of Grafton.  My AT&T cellphone, on the other hand, must be carried halfway up the hill to get a signal.
jerry

PS   Spent the morning at Grafton's recreational field (just off route 4) and tried the Verizon card and rhe AT&T cellphone.  No Joy on either one.

So if you're in the valley connections are unlikely, but if you're up on a hill you may have a chance.