• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Jesse's protest retort

Started by drumnaked!, November 04, 2008, 10:39 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

drumnaked!

Yesterday I went to Keene for Anarcho Jesse's flag burning ceremony. It turned out very well and he got lots of support and publicity. One piece of publicity however intrigued me more than the others. After the protest was done, someone came up to Jesse and handed him a piece of paper. He skimmed it and promptly crumpled it up and engaged in a short dialog with the person. I asked Jesse if I could see it and he handed me the paper. What was on it was complete bullshit. It was written by a Colby A. Lynch of Manchester. He wrote this retort even before Jesse did any burning of any kind. Jesse had no chance to defend his position or talk to the person before hand, he just wrote it and mis-represented all that Jesse stood for.

It reads as follows:
"Old Glory and Finding the Cost of Freedom

I opened up a Washington D.C. based publication recently to an article that featured a United States citizenship ceremony. It was uplifting to see pictures of beaming faces of those born elsewhere who view their newly recieved citizenship as an entitlement and not as an embarassment as the flag burning activist "Jesse" clearly does.
Today I was skimming the NH Free press and came upon this ungrateful punk spouting his discourse on the costliness of the abhorant institution behind election day, and the dissatisfaction with not being able to "opt out of the system."
How about the costliness of slain American bodies and blood of our brothers and sister spilled on foreign soil? Thanks to these honorable men and women, we are not saluting the union jack or speaking German. I am confused about how "worship of the system" comes into play. The United States emblem (Our Flag) embodies the country in its totality- the district of Columbia included.
The destructive act of purposefully setting fires in order to prove a point is never "peaceful", and it is definately not an attention getter that is warrented without outcome. In this proposed blastant act of aggrtession, the object sacraficed to the flames embodies a collective fiber of the nation as a whole, and is not just an affront to the "sentimental values" of bureucratic elite.
The giving of public notice to this even before it takes plasce is ballsy indeed, but the burning is a personal attack and an "up yours" to anyone who has ever served in the military, or has ever attended the homecoming of a beloved family member to be greeted by the stars and stripes draped over a wooden box.
Speaking about personal liberty, ,Mr. Maloney (rhymes with baloney), and rtespect for your yearning to "opt out of the system", I personally know several vets who wouldn't mind shaking your hand, springing for a plane ticket  and shipping you off to some remote island with a boot planted up your ass.
Said island would be emblazoned by no flags (this means no symbols to desacrate) and no inherent moral injustices (laws) would exist. Maybe your envisioned liberty would be further enhenced by an opportunity to engage in a dialogue with the local land sharks- sink or swim bro!
The Vietnam-era Steppenwolf song comes to mind as I close...'Who needs ya?' I'll be giving Jesse a call if the day comes when I am among the many corralled to the polls with an AK-47 pressed agains my temple. Until then, I remain "Gratefully Dedicated". United we stand!"

Colby A. Lynch
506 Kimball St. #4
Manchester, NH 03102
603-622-2798

That was it word for word.   

Let me make a few guesses about who this guy is: Iraq war veteran or had a brother in the "Service", College student frat boy with a McCain/Palin sticker on the back of his Ford F150. This guy is someone who doesn't even know the meaning of the word liberty. And he's a coward for not even talking to Jesse while he was there or before he wrote his article.

K. Darien Freeheart

QuoteAnd he's a coward for not even talking to Jesse while he was there or before he wrote his article.

I'll agree with most of this, but I take issue to this last part. Put frankly, I can't talk to people very well. When I think about things, I get excited and flustered and my message ends up taking a hit. I don't think in "words" but in concepts that have rich interconnections. Putting my words "on paper" helps me collect my thoughts and make my point clearly. If I had to SPEAK my point, I could but I'm certain I'd do it poorly. Unless there's more to the story, I don't think writing an opinion down is a sign of a coward - silence is.

drumnaked!

Good point, but he's a journalist and he should have some sort of integrity to get the real story from Jesse. At that point he can spin it all he wants. but he didn't, so I feel justified calling him a coward.

dalebert

Crap. He's a journalist? Really? I wouldn't have guessed it from that writing.