• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Manchester O.C. Trash PickUp

Started by MattLeft, November 04, 2008, 02:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MattLeft

This Sunday at 5PM, once again kicking off in Veteran's Park.  Although starting at 5PM, now after setting the clocks back, will be much the same as starting at 6 was before.  Meaning it'll get dark quickly, diminishing the visual impact of the event.  I don't think I can start earlier in the day, though.  Guess I'll see how it goes and adjust as needed.

J’raxis 270145

As we go into winter, trying to do these "right after church and leading into the ice cream social" is going to become more and more difficult, unless Alec wants to move the ice cream social earlier. Of course, doing these in winter when the trash is encased in an inch of ice under six feet of snow, is probably going to become the bigger issue.

J’raxis 270145

Don't forget to update your thread (especially adding another calendar link) on NH Tea Party.

sandm000

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 05, 2008, 01:02 PM NHFT
As we go into winter, trying to do these "right after church and leading into the ice cream social" is going to become more and more difficult, unless Alec wants to move the ice cream social earlier. Of course, doing these in winter when the trash is encased in an inch of ice under six feet of snow, is probably going to become the bigger issue.

Skip trash pickup, start OC snow removal

MattLeft

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 05, 2008, 01:39 PM NHFT
Don't forget to update your thread (especially adding another calendar link) on NH Tea Party.

I fiddled around with that, on the TeaParty site, couldn't figure it out.  Not EVERY member of the FSP is a computer nerd, ya know.  Could use some instructions.

"The files are IN the computer?!?"...Zoolander

Porcupine_in_MA

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 05, 2008, 01:02 PM NHFT

Quoted for truth. We can have a skiing oc litter pick-up though... :)

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: MattLeft on November 05, 2008, 11:50 PM NHFT

I fiddled around with that, on the TeaParty site, couldn't figure it out.  Not EVERY member of the FSP is a computer nerd, ya know.  Could use some instructions.

To add another calendar link, there's a "link to calendar" button, which looks like a tab like the Home/Help/Search stuff at the top. It is usefully placed at the bottom left of the page, completely out of sight of people's normal browsing habits.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 06, 2008, 12:50 AM NHFT

To add another calendar link, there's a "link to calendar" button, which looks like a tab like the Home/Help/Search stuff at the top. It is usefully placed at the bottom left of the page, completely out of sight of people's normal browsing habits.

Er, wouldn't it make sense to have this discussion on NH Tea Party::)

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 06, 2008, 02:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 06, 2008, 12:50 AM NHFT

Er, wouldn't it make sense to have this discussion on NH Tea Party::)

Why? It's the same forum software, so presumably if he wants to know how to do it over there, he now knows how to do it over here if the need should arise.

Friday

Quote from: MattLeft on November 04, 2008, 02:29 PM NHFT
This Sunday at 5PM, once again kicking off in Veteran's Park.  Although starting at 5PM, now after setting the clocks back, will be much the same as starting at 6 was before.  Meaning it'll get dark quickly, diminishing the visual impact of the event
Emphasis added.  Honestly, I don't see the point in holding an OC event (which I assume is designed to educate the public that peaceful, civic-minded citizens own guns) after dark.  Plus, how can you even spot the trash after dark??

MattLeft

You walk around til you feel something squishy under your feet.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on November 08, 2008, 10:33 AM NHFT
Emphasis added.  Honestly, I don't see the point in holding an OC event (which I assume is designed to educate the public that peaceful, civic-minded citizens own guns) after dark.  Plus, how can you even spot the trash after dark??
don't ask questions ... just pick up that trash

Pat K

So obviously here is a market for an entrepreneur
to make lighted holsters.

Maybe with LEDS you could do a blinking
ARMED  light scheme.  ;D