• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Twinkies for Obama

Started by Bill St. Clair, November 06, 2008, 07:49 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill St. Clair

While reading the ever-growing Twinkies thread over at The Mental Militia Forums, I came up with an idea that was just too silly to resist: Twinkies for Obama. I've created a web site, encouraging people to send a Twinkie to Obama, and to click on the "I SENT ONE" button, to count your Twinkie. Address and donation button too, at:

TwinkiesForObama.com

Kat Kanning

K. Darien Freeheart

Yeah, entirely beyond me too.

Bill St. Clair

There's nothing to get. It's pure silliness. Plain fun. Not serious. As in: "This is a dead parrot!" "No he's not. He's only sleeping." Of course, the subtext is that I don't consider Obama to be worthy of serious attention. Not that McCain would have been either.

Lumpy

Have you ever read the ingredients on one of those?   :inspect: :puke:

Bill St. Clair

Quote from: Lumpy on November 06, 2008, 01:31 PM NHFT
Have you ever read the ingredients on one of those?

Why would I want to ruin my enjoyment by doing that?

Lumpy

Quote from: Bill St. Clair on November 06, 2008, 02:42 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lumpy on November 06, 2008, 01:31 PM NHFT
Have you ever read the ingredients on one of those?

Why would I want to ruin my enjoyment by doing that?
I'll bake you some things you will enjoy far more than that stuff that only kills you faster.   :sign7:

Bill St. Clair

Quote from: Lumpy on November 06, 2008, 06:15 PM NHFT
I'll bake you some things you will enjoy far more than that stuff that only kills you faster.   :sign7:

I used to bake muffins with fresh ground flour, sweetened with rice syrup or barley malt. Yum. Haven't done that in a while. Haven't had a Twinkie in a while either. I have read the ingredients. I just ignore them sometimes. A little weak poison now and then is good for the immune system. Modern humans are way too clean.

dalebert

I still make muffins with fresh ground flour but I haven't used that sweetener yet. I've heard of some interesting healthy alternative sweeteners that I wanna try. Succanat I think is one and something that starts with a Z that's supposed to be twice as sweet as sugar for the same amount of calories and it's all natural.

Vitruvian

Quotesomething that starts with a Z that's supposed to be twice as sweet as sugar for the same amount of calories

Would that be xylitol?

dalebert

Quote from: Vitruvian on November 06, 2008, 09:53 PM NHFT
Would that be xylitol?

That sounds like drugs. I don't remember. I just recall that I had the darnedest time trying to find some in L.A.

Pat K

Puke

Watermelon is more healthy...

Gotta go!  :Bolt:

Kat Kanning

dalebert