• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

It begins... change.gov

Started by doobie, November 07, 2008, 07:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

J’raxis 270145

Quote from: Friday on November 07, 2008, 11:46 AM NHFT
Wouldn't this sort of event just make it easier for the cops to take your AW away?

Presumably, the demonstration would take place after an AWB bill was presented in Congress, but before the bill actually became law.

And if I recall correctly, the last AWB didn't make possession illegal, it only made sale illegal. Owners of such banned weapons could still own, display, use, &c., them.

Caleb

Hubbard

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 08, 2008, 03:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: Friday on November 07, 2008, 11:46 AM NHFT
Wouldn't this sort of event just make it easier for the cops to take your AW away?

Presumably, the demonstration would take place after an AWB bill was presented in Congress, but before the bill actually became law.

And if I recall correctly, the last AWB didn't make possession illegal, it only made sale illegal. Owners of such banned weapons could still own, display, use, &c., them.

But I want more.... I guess I'll have to use my Christmas bonus for another SKS, I love the little guys.

Dave Ridley

in monarchist france I understand you were not allowed to enter the king's area without a sword... you could rent one at the entrance.   according to g.k. chesterton anyone could go see the king any time but he would ignore you.   

KBCraig

To demonstrate the silliness of an AWB, you could set up a display and ask people to "Guess the assault weapon":

- Tacticool tricked-out, faked-out .22 rifle with a 10 round magazine
- Cheap surplus Mosin-Nagant M-44 in black plastic furniture, festooned with picatinny rails, lights, lasers, and optical sights, and bayonet extended (but it's still a 5-shot bolt action rifle)
- "Kalashnikitty pink" AK or AR covered with pink girl power flowers

William

Quote from: J'raxis 270145 on November 07, 2008, 08:27 AM NHFT
Quote from: doobie on November 07, 2008, 07:52 AM NHFT
IF a new AWB comes into play, who is with me for an 'open carry' AK-47/AR-15 protest in Concord?

Sounds like a good idea.

I'm there but you'll have to settle for me carrying a mean looking sks.