• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Everyone is good at something

Started by Friday, November 07, 2008, 09:37 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

I don't think Friday is looking for any, actual, useful skills ;D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: AntonLee on November 16, 2008, 08:40 AM NHFT
I'm good at figuring out where old roads were, railroad beds, etc.  I'm good at figuring out where the roads used to go and pretty good at finding cool stuff in the woods beside these old roads. . . trash, old refrigerators, etc that were put there as garbage from before the road was closed.

I dig old roads, I love when the state shuts down a section of road, redirects it, and then leaves the old road there to grow in upon itself.  It shows how powerful nature is, that without maintenance, the road will quickly be taken back by Mother Nature.

That's pretty neat!  :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Toadstool on November 15, 2008, 04:06 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on November 08, 2008, 02:05 PM NHFT
I'm good at critical thinking during lots of varied situations.  :)

lol..
Which shampoo?
Which conditioner?
Which shoes/boots?  lol

Sorry had too...
:o :D

It's alright, I knew I'd get some slack when I posted that thread!  :D

Free libertarian

I'm good at making beef stew.  I follow no recipe that way I can't mess it up.   The dog has never refused the leftovers.  Not sure if I'd want to be in the same room with him after he eats people food though...I'm willing to bet he can give Lloyd a run for his money on the methane production, plus he can uh lick parts of his body most of us guys can't.  The dog, not Lloyd oh never mind.     

AntonLee

Quote from: raineyrocks on November 16, 2008, 03:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: AntonLee on November 16, 2008, 08:40 AM NHFT
I'm good at figuring out where old roads were, railroad beds, etc.  I'm good at figuring out where the roads used to go and pretty good at finding cool stuff in the woods beside these old roads. . . trash, old refrigerators, etc that were put there as garbage from before the road was closed.

I dig old roads, I love when the state shuts down a section of road, redirects it, and then leaves the old road there to grow in upon itself.  It shows how powerful nature is, that without maintenance, the road will quickly be taken back by Mother Nature.

That's pretty neat!  :)

I find it neat, and interesting. . . one of the most interesting little "hobbies" that I do.  Unfortunately anything having to do with road construction, history, maintenance, and the like is pretty much in the realm of the goons.  I have been re-evaluating what it is that I can do in this world sometimes, trying to find something I can do and make a living, and possibly help people or make someone else's life a little easier.

haven't found it yet. . .

Friday

I can throw cat toys with my toes.   :black_kitty:

I can also do the Chris Farley "motivational speaker" dance.   :boogie:

Pat K

dalebert

I was just reminded that I'm pretty good at picking up a big pile of loose small items from the dryer and carrying it up to my room without dropping any socks or underwear.

Raineyrocks

Oh yeah I'm really good at knocking down things in grocery stores, dropping one thing and all of them falling, disconnecting the metal separator things in between items, knocking off those price "specials" things.

You know those car carts they have for the little kids?  When Brandie & L. Ricky were smaller, Brandie was about 3 or 4 and walking in front of me.  I accidentally ran into her with the car cart and knocked her over, she laid on the grocery floor crying.  It was so pathetic!  :P

I'm very clumsy and anytime the kids hear things falling in the store they know it was me.  ::)

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: dalebert on November 20, 2008, 05:09 PM NHFT
I was just reminded that I'm pretty good at picking up a big pile of loose small items from the dryer and carrying it up to my room without dropping any socks or underwear.

All that polyester sticking together?

Quote from: raineyrocks on November 20, 2008, 05:31 PM NHFT
Oh yeah I'm really good at knocking down things in grocery stores
One time we were shopping and I'm not saying we knocked them over, but as we rounded the corner the entire display of strawberries slid to the floor. As a clerk rushed over to start picking them up we overheard them say, "that's the third time that has happened". The person I was with said, "well then I'm not paying for them".

Peacemaker

I'm good at sitting on my ass an amusing myself with NH Underground.   :icon_motor:

Friday

I can juggle.   :icon_joker:

I can also suck my own toes.   :o

Tom Sawyer

Raineyrocks

Quote from: www on November 21, 2008, 06:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: raineyrocks on November 20, 2008, 05:31 PM NHFT
Oh yeah I'm really good at knocking down things in grocery stores
One time we were shopping and I'm not saying we knocked them over, but as we rounded the corner the entire display of strawberries slid to the floor. As a clerk rushed over to start picking them up we overheard them say, "that's the third time that has happened". The person I was with said, "well then I'm not paying for them".

;D