• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

eRideShare Porc Group

Started by jaqeboy, September 10, 2008, 01:51 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

I've been suggesting to people that they try eRideShare.com, since it's an already set-up online ride-sharing website. I've told them how easy it is to set up a group within eRideShare.com for a specialized community like us. Still no one has done it yet....

Don't tempt me...

Don't wanta do one more project....

OK, I could be convinced to set it up, but not promote it or maintain it (I don't think it needs any)

All it takes is a group name and a password that would be given to all...

Alright, it's easier for me to do it than explain how to do it....

jaqeboy

Okay, here it is!

Free Ride

go to: http://freeride.erideshare.com/

password: "free"

Mike Barskey

Man, what a struggle it was talking you into doing that! :)

Thanks for doing it.

jaqeboy

Yeah, dang it - ya twisted my arm, so I had to give in and do it.  ;D

How dya like the name?

I chose that one just to tweak the Randroids!  >:D

Now, pass the word and let's get a lot of people using it, so it'll work, eh?

Russell Kanning

I will use it some ... and if we check it enough, then maybe we can share some rides.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 19, 2008, 07:31 AM NHFT
I will use it some ... and if we check it enough, then maybe we can share some rides.

Yeah, obviously for this service to be of use, more people will have to begin using it. The more rides listed, the more desirable it will be to go to it to find rides. So, one way to get more people to use it is to promote it by word of mouth.

Tell people to go to

freeride.erideshare.com

and use the password

"free".

(some features not available until you create a personal erideshare account)

Recumbent ReCycler

I'm using goloco.org.  It lets you find rides with drivers who are driving through or near your start and end points and riders whose path you will be crossing.  So far it appears to be the best system I've found.  It facilitates the sharing of expenses so that the driver won't have to pay for all of the gas and tolls.  I have posted trips, but haven't picked up any passengers from it yet.

PowerPenguin

That's cool I should look into that one. If anyone from the seacoast is going to Kat's trial tomorrow let me know. I'm running out of gas $, but I'd go if there were a couple of people to split the cost with.