• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Not sure when or where, but wouldn't it be cool to be there with welcome signs and banners and stuff?  I think we could swing it...take a little coordination though.

Preliminary details:
Sunday December 14th, 11 am
Rte 9 @ Brattleboro/NH border pedestrian bridge

Kat Kanning

Oh, wouldn't it be cool to have a huge group walking with them from the NH border?  :D

error

That does sound like fun. Of course I don't expect most people are going to manage the walk from Brattleboro all the way to Keene that this guy can probably knock out in half the day now.

FTL_Ian

I was thinking of walking with him through Keene, but I'd be up for this idea too.

TackleTheWorld

Quote from: error on November 09, 2008, 08:43 PM NHFT
That does sound like fun. Of course I don't expect most people are going to manage the walk from Brattleboro all the way to Keene that this guy can probably knock out in half the day now.
Hey, we can ride bikes alongside if he's so fast.  I say if Will can walk all the way from Oregon, I can walk 19.5 miles.  I'm planning to join in the high fives at the border and if necessary take a blister for the team.

Kat Kanning

People could walk with him however far they wanted...like Ian could just walk through Keene.  Is that where he's headed?

Puke

dalebert

As cool as walking with him would be, and it would be, I think the original idea is already better. I love the idea of a bunch of porcs standing just over the border right by the "Welcome to NH" sign and getting his reaction on film. Any chance of keeping him in the dark about the plans or does he frequent this forum?

You know, there's a kind of symbolism to it too that could make for a great write-up in NH Free Press or something. Up to the border, he's walking alone, but the moment he crosses the border into NH, he's walking with a huge crowd of supporters. Brings a tear to my eye.  :)

Russell Kanning

a computer geek, who reads off his GPS coordinates constantly, kept in the dark about an internet convo? don't bet on it

sandm000

How about a freedom finish line, packed to the gills with porcs right there in portsmouth?

dalebert

Quote from: sandm000 on November 10, 2008, 08:39 AM NHFT
How about a freedom finish line, packed to the gills with porcs right there in portsmouth?

Yeah! And have a ribbon stretched across his path for him to break through like in a marathon!

FTL_Ian

Quote from: dalebert on November 10, 2008, 09:29 AM NHFT

Yeah! And have a ribbon stretched across his path for him to break through like in a marathon!

Awesome idea, though I think the ribbon makes more sense at the VT/NH border.  He's walking to NH; anywhere he goes when he gets here is just touring.

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

No offense to Portsmouth, but that's not the finish line into NH, it's the exit out of NH into the Atlantic!

JonM

If he could arrive on a Saturday we could have a big crowd waiting on the NH side of the border, ribbon and all.  I love that idea.