• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

error

I hope you guys know what you're in for. Walking 15 miles is not for the faint of heart. I'm not even sure I'm physically up to it, and I spent months this year out hiking mountains.

Kat Kanning

I was planning on shuttling people around, so if someone got too tired, could do a rescue.

dalebert

Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 11, 2008, 03:44 PM NHFT
Holy crap! This winter thing is pretty harsh!

It causes water to assume a solid form!

Mike Barskey

Where I'm from, water falling from the sky is odd enough... but frozen water!? wowzers.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: dalebert on December 11, 2008, 03:41 PM NHFT
When I was driving out to pick him up, my wipers kept icing up and the joints couldn't keep it flat on my windshield so there were huge gaps with puddles of water on my windshield. I pulled over and manually de-iced them about half a dozen times there and back.

Dale, thanks a lot for driving in harsh conditions to help Will out!

Lloyd Danforth

Dittos!  Had to be an adventure for a California guy

dalebert

Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 11, 2008, 05:51 PM NHFT

To be honest, it really wasn't that bad. The windshield wiper thing was just really odd. I think it must take a very specific combination of conditions, like being just barely above freezing so the rain comes down liquid but somehow it gets cold enough on the metal to freeze it. *shrug* Weird.

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 11, 2008, 05:10 PM NHFT
I was planning on shuttling people around, so if someone got too tired, could do a rescue.
I'm planning on parking my car at the border and walking with Will for as long as I hold up - maybe 8 or 10 miles, maybe slightly farther, and will need a ride back to the border. I thought of bringing a bicycle, but really don't like the idea of riding on ice (it is supposed to be clear and cold on Saturday).

Russell Kanning

Quote from: dalebert on December 11, 2008, 06:04 PM NHFT
To be honest, it really wasn't that bad. The windshield wiper thing was just really odd. I think it must take a very specific combination of conditions, like being just barely above freezing so the rain comes down liquid but somehow it gets cold enough on the metal to freeze it. *shrug* Weird.
exactly ... the solution is a car with a kickbutt defroster system. :)

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on December 11, 2008, 06:18 PM NHFT
exactly ... the solution is a car with a kickbutt defroster system. :)

My window's weren't frosted. Do they have cars that defrost your wiper blades?

Mike Barskey

Quote from: dalebert on December 11, 2008, 06:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 11, 2008, 05:51 PM NHFT

I should rephrase my praise, because it's not so important to me that you did something difficult, but that you went out of your ay to help him:

dalebert

Jim Johnson

I'll be ferrying people and bicycles around.  I'll also be carrying warm drinks.  :)

Kat Kanning

Cool...add that to list of Jim's skills:  mincing, prancing, ferrying.  :D