• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on December 11, 2008, 07:04 PM NHFT
The Underground's Charon.

The Underground's Charon:  the ferryman of New Hampshire who carries the damned across the river that divides the world of the living from the world of the dead, thus giving them new life in the world of the living.

Lloyd Danforth

Friday

Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 11, 2008, 03:44 PM NHFT
Holy crap! This winter thing is pretty harsh!
Oh, that's so cute!  The California boy thinks winter has started!   >:D

Friday

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on December 11, 2008, 06:47 PM NHFT
I'll be ferrying people and bicycles around.  I'll also be carrying warm drinks.  :)
Will you be carrying the drinks one at a time?   

Lloyd Danforth

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Facilitator to the Icon on December 11, 2008, 06:47 PM NHFT
I'll be ferrying people and bicycles around.  I'll also be carrying warm drinks.  :)

Great! But I'm not going to tip you for those drinks!

KBCraig

Quote from: dalebert on December 11, 2008, 06:04 PM NHFT
The windshield wiper thing was just really odd. I think it must take a very specific combination of conditions, like being just barely above freezing so the rain comes down liquid but somehow it gets cold enough on the metal to freeze it. *shrug* Weird.

Welcome to "freezing rain", which is pretty much the only kind of winter precipitation from central Texas up through the Mid-South.

I can't wait for that to be a rarity, instead of typical. Gimmee snow over ice, any day!

Porcupine Realtor

What's the current plan for Saturday?  Are we meeting at the bridge?  Or meeting in Keene and carpooling to the border?  How far do most people plan to walk with Will after he crosses?

Walk For Liberty

Thanks to Dale for so selflessly helping us out yesterday!

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Mike Barskey on December 11, 2008, 12:58 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 11, 2008, 12:46 PM NHFT
I think we should gather before 11 am and he'd walk across the border at precisely 11. :)

Well, that's what I was hoping. I mean, I'll wait 2 or maybe 2.5 minutes for him, but if he's going to have no regard for our time then to hell* with him!

*Massachusetts
When else would I cross other than precisely at 11am? ;)

Hey, and I've already lived in Massachusetts -- for 5 years!

Walk For Liberty

Stopped last night a few miles out of Wilmington, VT.  If I can do 20 miles today, then I'll have 5 miles to do Saturday morning.

Walk For Liberty

With our RV possibly dead (and additionally because the furnace doesn't seem to work any more), we might need a place to rent short-term, until we can find a mid-term place to rent. :)  Does anyone have any leads?

Walk For Liberty

Saturday - walk as far as we can toward Keene

Sunday - Not planning on walking any this day.
I think Ian mentioned there's a Monadnock Social Sunday?  Where and when is that?  I might go to that.
Go to the 2nd Thanksgiving dinner as well.

However, at some point we need to get our (possibly broken down) RV from VT, as well as return our rental car.  Not sure when that will take place.

Walk For Liberty

Would anyone want to volunteer to film for me with my camera at the border?  My idea is to hold my camera up to the crowd, and then hand it off.  Feel free to go crazy and film as much as you want - you can just keep it rolling.

Thanks in advance!