• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

MikeforLiberty

It's just a little hard tracking via youtube but it looks like he should be entering NY. I'd like to meet up with him for a bit. Anyone have contact info?
Mike (central NY :-[ )

Kat Kanning

MikeforLiberty

Thanks Kat, I got a youtube comment from Will saying he just entered NY.

Kat Kanning

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT
Not sure when or where, but wouldn't it be cool to be there with welcome signs and banners and stuff?  I think we could swing it...take a little coordination though.
I'm overwhelmed by all of this!

Quote from: FTL_Ian on November 09, 2008, 08:51 PM NHFT
I was thinking of walking with him through Keene, but I'd be up for this idea too.
Awesome!  I hope to walk with people thru as many towns as possible.

Quote from: dalebert on November 10, 2008, 07:01 AM NHFT
Any chance of keeping him in the dark about the plans or does he frequent this forum?
Sorry, cat's out of the bag. ;)

Quote from: dalebert on November 10, 2008, 09:29 AM NHFT
Yeah! And have a ribbon stretched across his path for him to break through like in a marathon!
I have to admit, that that's always been a dream of mine, to break through one of those marathon-style ribbons.  ;D

Quote from: Jon Maltz on November 10, 2008, 03:08 PM NHFT
If he could arrive on a Saturday we could have a big crowd waiting on the NH side of the border, ribbon and all.  I love that idea.
We could tailor our arrival date to arrive on a Saturday.

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 10, 2008, 04:30 PM NHFT
Lauren was going to walk with him ... now she will be hearing of his progress from our letters.
I'm really bummed about that.  I was looking forward to meeting Lauren at the border!

Quote from: AntonLee on November 10, 2008, 08:19 PM NHFT
why Portsmouth?  He should walk right down 286 and land in the Ocean in Seabrook!
Portsmouth is not necessarily where I'll end the walk...that's just what we started plugging into Google maps as the finish, and kept doing it.  But I'm open to suggestions.

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on November 11, 2008, 09:43 AM NHFT
It it is not.  It looks like he just drew a line across NH.  The 1/2 half of it may be correct, but after Nashua it seems to be just a straight line (not following any roads) and ends up in MA.
Brian and Lauren had volunteered and did the map.  I'm open to any suggestions though on routes across NH as well...

Kat Kanning

There is a huge pedestrian bridge at Brattleboro on Rte 9.  It would work great for banners and the marathon ribbon across your path (now a necessary item!  :D ).

I like the idea of having bikes along with the walkers too. 

Kat Kanning

There's also a covered bridge over the Connecticut River.   It's at Windsor, VT and Cornish, NH.  It doesn't have a direct path east from there though.  It'd be great for photos though!

Russell Kanning

The route 9 bridge is huge ... and only for pedestrians, since they built a new one

the covered bridge is cool ... but maybe not on a great route
http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2146795940026806071gebiwz

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 12, 2008, 01:17 AM NHFT
There is a huge pedestrian bridge at Brattleboro on Rte 9.  It would work great for banners and the marathon ribbon across your path (now a necessary item!  :D ).

I like the idea of having bikes along with the walkers too. 

Bikes would be good, as long as there is plenty of room for them on whatever roads I'm walking on.  I don't want anyone getting hit!

Tom Sawyer

Hello, I just walked across America and I'd like to see Lauren Canario

Kat Kanning

What's the approximate date you think you'd arrive in NH? 

Russell realized that covered bridges are no good for photography/filming - they're dark inside.

AntonLee

hehe that Russell is a smart fella! 

I'm going to play with a map this evening, see if I can come up with anything.

Russell Kanning

the one on route 9 is easy to see from a distance and you can film people walking across it

will Will hurry up ... we have been waiting for a while now ;)

I remember when you first started ... some of us wondered if you would ever get here. Now you are doing 20/day and you are within striking distance. :)

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 12, 2008, 03:01 AM NHFT
What's the approximate date you think you'd arrive in NH? 
Brooke will try to figure that out today.

Russell realized that covered bridges are no good for photography/filming - they're dark inside.
I was thinking about that last night when I looked at the pic that Russell had linked to.