• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Walk For Liberty

error

Quote from: Taxinator on December 20, 2008, 08:56 AM NHFT
Will you be taking the 101 the whole way to Manchester, through Bedford?
Please post your intended route here, especially the last segment coming into Manchester.
We'll try to get some walkers from ManchVegas, plus another shuttle driver.

I suspect 114/114A from Goffstown. I'll be there.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 20, 2008, 07:46 AM NHFT
Anyone want to join us for Taproom Tuesday?  My plan for walking through Manchester is to do it on Tuesday, and time it to walk right up to Murphy's at the end of my walk, at 4pm.  If you want to walk with us in Manchester let me know and Brooke can shuttle you back and forth.

The weather looks good for Monday and Tuesday as of now (no snow) so I should be able to walk for part of Manchvegas.  I'll call Brooke on Monday when I know more about the weather.

However, I'm not buying your food this time at TT (not that it wasn't an honor to buy your food, I just think other people would like to share in the honor) so it is time for someone else at TT to step-up and try to prevent you from starving to death.  You still look like you are a few days away from death.

shyfrog

I walked a short distance through Peterborough with Will yesterday. :) We stopped to take a photo at the FSP highway adoption sign. Trudging through snow is a bit like walking on sand at the beach. Downhill is fun too...
More photos

Pat K

Walk For Liberty

Please post your intended route here, especially the last segment coming into Manchester.

Here's our tentative route from here on out, zoomed in on the portion thru Manchvegas:
WFL route map

Walk For Liberty

error

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 21, 2008, 04:38 PM NHFT
Here's our tentative route from here on out, zoomed in on the portion thru Manchvegas:
WFL route map

I would suggest you take 114/114A (Mast Rd) for most of that distance from Goffstown. It actually has sidewalks for most of the distance! And it'll put you on Elm Street just a stone's throw from Murphy's. ;D

Like this

Porcupine Realtor

Good work, error.  Let's get a group together to walk the last 5 miles to Murphy's.  I'll PM you with some ideas on who might want to walk.  We also need to coordinate some shuttles.

Pat McCotter

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on December 21, 2008, 04:38 PM NHFT

WFL route map

Journey's End Rd in Francestown, eh? ;D

Porcupine Realtor

Here are pix from last Sunday as Will crossed the border into NH after walking 3,000+ miles!
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8QYsnDlw3aslW 

[Photo attached]

TackleTheWorld

Tom Sawyer

Walk For Liberty

About 30 miles to Manchester, and I'll be walking at least 1/2 of those today (starting at just outside of Greenfield).

Porcupine Realtor

If you end up walking Monday and Tuesday, then you'll shoot through and past Manchester.  We can still walk with you on Tuesday to some point east of the city, and then drive/shuttle back to Murphy's to celebrate.  Keep us posted.