• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Another storm coming in tomorrow - you may want to walk 20 miles today and none tomorrow.

Porcupine Realtor

Leave your supporters some mileage to walk with you tomorrow!  But w3 is right, tomorrow is supposed to be colder and snowier than today.  Perhaps it can be just a mile or 2.  :-)  We'll look for your post tonight to confirm tomorrow's route and time schedule.

dalebert

Quote from: Taxinator on December 30, 2008, 11:15 AM NHFT
... tomorrow is supposed to be colder and snowier than today.

That'll be great for the polar bear plunge!

Fluff and Stuff

Will was calling the local Boston media today as I walked with him and he told the media that he would reach Hampton Beach at 3pm.

Fluff and Stuff

Folks, Will's Walk For Liberty was made popular on Digg 6 hours ago, chances are 1000s of pro-freedom folks have seen it.  If there is anyway (without cheating) you can thing of to get it even more Diggs, please do it.
http://digg.com/people/Multi_thousand_mile_Walk_for_Liberty_nears_an_end

Organjic

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on December 30, 2008, 04:05 PM NHFT
Will was calling the local Boston media today as I walked with him and he told the media that he would reach Hampton Beach at 3pm.
So 3pm is the arrival of the end.  When do the festivs start? Where and what time does the day's walk start.  Also what is the exact location?

Walk For Liberty

Ok, here's the official scoop.

I'm planning to end the Walk For Liberty at Hampton Beach and get there at 3pm tomorrow (New Years Eve).  It will be at the music shell / lifeguard station / info booth, which are pretty much the only structures on the beach, and are more or less centrally located north-south on the beach.  They're across from D Street.

There might be several people walking with me at various points tomorrow.  I'm starting from about 8.2 miles from the beach, at about 11:30am.  Here is the map.  If you want to walk with me, give me a ring at 603x852x5589.

If you want to see me finish the Walk For Liberty tomorrow and take a plunge into the ocean, don't be late!

Oh, and when we're done there we'll be heading over to Max's for the after-party.
Here's the forum thread about it:
http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=16509

See you tomorrow!

Porcupine Realtor

Will has 8 miles to go.  He is due to arrive at Hampton Beach at 3:00 sharp, so he'll be departing on the walk about 11:30 a.m. to noon.  
You can meet up with him anytime and anywhere along the route and walk a portion or the rest of the way to the beach.  I'm planning on walking from 1:00 on, about 5 miles.  Call Will's cell (somewhere in this thread) when you are near the coast, and he or Brooke will work out a place to meet.  
I'm not sure of the exact route, but there aren't too many ways to Hampton Beach from 8 miles out, so just get close and they'll direct you to the trail.  You can leave your car en route and then rides will be available to shuttle walkers back to their cars from the beach.

Then we go start the end-of-walk and end-of-year celebrations with champagne and Manchester Brewing suds!

PM me for phone numbers for Will and Brooke.
Mark

Daien

Walk For Liberty

despite the snow today, all systems are go! we'll be a little late getting to my starting point today - noon, or maybe a bit later. but I should still be able to get to the beach by 3pm.

Mike Barskey

Teri and I will definitely be there. If we run into problems (e.g., car accident, road blockage) we'll call you to let you know not to wait. Otherwise, I *really* want to do the Polar Plunge with y'all, so give me a call if I'm not there by 3:00p and I'll let you know how far away I am and you can decide if it's worth waiting. Thanks, and see you soon.