• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Flag burn on the bridge? ;D  Isn't that another special day?

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 13, 2008, 08:41 AM NHFT
Cool, thanks for info, slim.

I'm getting a quote on a finish line banner.  If it's expensive, maybe I'll take up a collection to help pay for it.  I asked for 2xFSP logo + "Walk for Liberty!"  Any better ideas welcome.

You could always just get red tape and have him cut it with scissors or something.  The same would work with caution tape.  And then just use already existing Walk for Liberty and FSP banners.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 13, 2008, 08:52 AM NHFT
Flag burn on the bridge? ;D  Isn't that another special day?
I had the one in Winchester in mind ;D

FTL_Ian

Hehehe, if the banner is too much, how about this?

http://www.keenzo.com/showproduct.asp?M=PRO-LINE-SAFETY&ID=3487601&ref=GB

It could be fun in ways I have yet to think of...

Russell Kanning

error

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: slim on November 13, 2008, 08:38 AM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 13, 2008, 01:26 AM NHFT
December 1st as a rough estimate?

I think last night Brooke said she figured that at their current pace they will reach NH about December 20th.
Actually we're planning on crossing into NH on Dec 6, which is also a Saturday.

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 13, 2008, 08:41 AM NHFT
Cool, thanks for info, slim.

I'm getting a quote on a finish line banner.  If it's expensive, maybe I'll take up a collection to help pay for it.  I asked for 2xFSP logo + "Walk for Liberty!"  Any better ideas welcome.
Awesome!  Just a slight request...if you end up doing that, could the "For" be capitalized (Walk For Liberty)? :)

Walk For Liberty

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on November 13, 2008, 11:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: slim on November 13, 2008, 08:38 AM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 13, 2008, 01:26 AM NHFT
December 1st as a rough estimate?

I think last night Brooke said she figured that at their current pace they will reach NH about December 20th.
Actually we're planning on crossing into NH on Dec 6, which is also a Saturday.

You'll still want to stop by Porc Manor and burn a flag or two.

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 12, 2008, 07:17 AM NHFT
some ideas

we could have people walk with you every step in NH ... even if we have to tag team it or pass a baton between walkers. If you had 10 companions they could each walk 2 miles with you from the border to Keene. They could be doing quick litter pickup as they go.

Should we have your favorite song playing as you cross the bridge and break the tape?
How about the Rocky running music?
If the walking companion carried a music player with you ... the filming would be more fun and already have a soundtrack.

So where are you planning on entering NH and then where do you go from there?
You started at a natural setting ... maybe go for a natural ending.
I always pictured going from the Santa Monica pier to some lighthouse in NH. :)
Those are all good ideas Russell.  If we could find enough people and coordinate it to walk every step of the way that would be cool.

I like the Rocky theme song...I'd have to think if there's another I like better.

Entering at that pedestrian bridge sounds like a good idea.  Did you say that is on route 9?

I like the natural setting ending idea too.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on November 13, 2008, 11:55 PM NHFT
I like the Rocky theme song...I'd have to think if there's another I like better.

Entering at that pedestrian bridge sounds like a good idea.  Did you say that is on route 9?

I like the natural setting ending idea too.
excellent

yes .... it is very large ... and right beside a larger newer bridge used by the cars

some seacoast people could find the perfect location

what is your path across NH? We would love to host a party for you here at the Hoyt Farm, but we might not be on your route, or you may be in a hurry.

I am so glad you are getting here as quickly as you are. It is great you have finished this off this year.

If you can give us plenty of updates, we should be able to turn this into quite a media event when you get here.

Brattleboro (clothing once optional) VT is part of the Shire and would be a great last stopping place before you step into the "Free State" on a brisk morning in December.

I can't seem to find a picture of the spot ... but maybe one of our gang can take one, so you can see what a great place it is for a photo op. Many Porcupines have crossed the Connecticutt River on Route 9 to enter NH. I think Varrin took a picture in front of that "Welcome" sign.

Maybe we can have the FSP President greet you when you make it safety into NH.

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Kat Kanning

Yes, the pedestrian bridge is on Rte 9.  I will add this to the calendar for the 6th, but can be changed if necessary.  Will capitalize "For".