• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Friday on November 14, 2008, 12:30 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 14, 2008, 12:13 AM NHFT
Maybe we can have the FSP President greet you when you make it safety into NH.
Highly unlikely.  She's on bedrest until she gets the spawn of Denis out of her belly.   >:D
I thought someone said that Varrin was the president while she was busy having a baby. It didn't make sense to me, but I assumed they knew what they were talking about.
I was thinking if Varrin was in town he could welcome Will. They remind me of one another.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on November 14, 2008, 05:44 PM NHFT
My route after Keene is actually up in the air.  I'm open to suggestions on that as well, as to the best path to take.
QuoteBrattleboro (clothing once optional) VT is part of the Shire and would be a great last stopping place before you step into the "Free State" on a brisk morning in December.
Not sure what you mean by Brattleboro is part of the Shire?
You could head right on across 101 from Keene to the ocean. :)
The Shire expanded over to Brattleboro a couple of years ago.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Friday on November 14, 2008, 06:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: sandm000 on November 14, 2008, 12:46 PM NHFT
-I've looked up "Belly" and the 4th meaning is, in fact, Uterus/Womb, although using it in this manner still annoys me.
Geesh, someone's sure tetchy about turning 30...

-I've looked up "thirty" and the 4th meaning is, in fact, the end, so no wonder he's tetchy . . .

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 14, 2008, 09:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: Walk For Liberty on November 14, 2008, 05:44 PM NHFT
My route after Keene is actually up in the air.  I'm open to suggestions on that as well, as to the best path to take.
QuoteBrattleboro (clothing once optional) VT is part of the Shire and would be a great last stopping place before you step into the "Free State" on a brisk morning in December.
Not sure what you mean by Brattleboro is part of the Shire?
You could head right on across 101 from Keene to the ocean. :)
The Shire expanded over to Brattleboro a couple of years ago.

Can you walk on 101 from Manchester to Hampton?  I think it is consider an interstate or controlled highway.  The government removes signs near the road, for example.  Will has been smartly avoiding the interstate.

error

Only a couple of miles around Amherst and Milford would be a potential problem walking. But I see people bicycling that stretch all the time, so perhaps not.

JonM

I fixed the website, Varrin is indeed President but thinks he might be working (ie, someplace other than NH) at the start of December.  He'll know that later this month.

Kat Kanning

The finish line ribbon with FSP logos and Walk For Liberty would be about $140.  So if anyone wants to chip in to get it, let me know.

Fluff and Stuff

I still say red tape would be better :)  And we already have W4L and FSP banners for the cameras at the event to see.  Are you sure you want to spend this $140.

Kat Kanning

No, I was trying to get other people to pitch in for it  :D

Kat Kanning

I think we're going to make a finish line ribbon instead of buying one.

Will:  do you want to set a time for coming across the border?  (What time will this party start?  ;D )

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on November 14, 2008, 09:56 PM NHFT
Can you walk on 101 from Manchester to Hampton?  I think it is consider an interstate or controlled highway.  The government removes signs near the road, for example.  Will has been smartly avoiding the interstate.
On that section he could use other roads

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jon Maltz on November 14, 2008, 10:30 PM NHFT
I fixed the website, Varrin is indeed President but thinks he might be working (ie, someplace other than NH) at the start of December.  He'll know that later this month.
otherwise we could have some representative of the FSP meet him somewhere

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on November 15, 2008, 06:07 AM NHFT
I still say red tape would be better :)  And we already have W4L and FSP banners for the cameras at the event to see.
excellent
maybe Roger can tell us if there is a way to tie a big sign across the bridge
I have some really big white tarps that we could paint signs on and string across the bridge or have people hold

AntonLee

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 15, 2008, 07:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: Radical and Stuff on November 14, 2008, 09:56 PM NHFT
On that section he could use other roads

totally, but once he gets past 95 he can be all about 101 right down into the beach.