• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 12, 2008, 06:00 AM NHFT
will Will hurry up ... we have been waiting for a while now ;)

I remember when you first started ... some of us wondered if you would ever get here. Now you are doing 20/day and you are within striking distance. :)
Yep, just for you Russell.  ;D

Russell Kanning

some ideas

we could have people walk with you every step in NH ... even if we have to tag team it or pass a baton between walkers. If you had 10 companions they could each walk 2 miles with you from the border to Keene. They could be doing quick litter pickup as they go.

Should we have your favorite song playing as you cross the bridge and break the tape?
How about the Rocky running music?
If the walking companion carried a music player with you ... the filming would be more fun and already have a soundtrack.

So where are you planning on entering NH and then where do you go from there?
You started at a natural setting ... maybe go for a natural ending.
I always pictured going from the Santa Monica pier to some lighthouse in NH. :)

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 12, 2008, 07:17 AM NHFT
You started at a natural setting ... maybe go for a natural ending.
I always pictured going from the Santa Monica pier to some lighthouse in NH. :)

much as I hate to say anything nice about Seabrook  ;), the nicest beach in NH is there.

FTL_Ian

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on November 12, 2008, 01:10 AM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on November 10, 2008, 09:29 AM NHFT
Yeah! And have a ribbon stretched across his path for him to break through like in a marathon!
I have to admit, that that's always been a dream of mine, to break through one of those marathon-style ribbons.  ;D

New Hampshire... where your dreams can come true!

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 12, 2008, 07:20 AM NHFT
much as I hate to say anything nice about Seabrook  ;), the nicest beach in NH is there.

Seabrook Beach is nice but the Hampton Beach part is a little nicer.

New Castle has a couple nice light houses.  For those that don't know, New Castle is an island town off of Portsmouth.  It contains Ft. Constitution which used to be Ft. William and Mary.  A skirmish happened there years before the American Revolution which led to a few other skirmishes in NH before the American Revolution and New Hampshire being freed from England before the Declaration of Independence was even written.

Porcupine_in_MA

New Castle IS a very nice town, with great lighthouses.

AntonLee

Quote from: Radical and Stuff on November 12, 2008, 11:35 AM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 12, 2008, 07:20 AM NHFT

Seabrook Beach is nice but the Hampton Beach part is a little nicer.

New Castle has a couple nice light houses.  For those that don't know, New Castle is an island town off of Portsmouth.  It contains Ft. Constitution which used to be Ft. William and Mary.  A skirmish happened there years before the American Revolution which led to a few other skirmishes in NH before the American Revolution and New Hampshire being freed from England before the Declaration of Independence was even written.

it might be easier to get down the 101 right into hampton too. . .plenty of parking. . . and it's definitely that natural setting.  He could kneel down, arms up, and scream VICTORY!!!!

Kat Kanning

MikeforLiberty

Google News Alert for: "Will Buchanan"
Oregon man walks for liberty
Evening Observer - Dunkirk,NY,USA
By THOMAS SCHWARTZ Will Buchanan walked down Route 20 into the village of Fredonia at 5 pm Wednesday as part of a walk across the nation. ...

Mike

Kat Kanning

Cool, I like "demanding extreme liberty."  :D

Lloyd Danforth

Its looks like Jerry got a trim and stood in for the lousy image.  Kira should apply as a photog for that paper.  Of course, she would have to let them, actually, see the photos.

slim

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 13, 2008, 01:26 AM NHFT
December 1st as a rough estimate?

I think last night Brooke said she figured that at their current pace they will reach NH about December 20th.

Kat Kanning

Cool, thanks for info, slim.

I'm getting a quote on a finish line banner.  If it's expensive, maybe I'll take up a collection to help pay for it.  I asked for 2xFSP logo + "Walk for Liberty!"  Any better ideas welcome.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: slim on November 13, 2008, 08:38 AM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 13, 2008, 01:26 AM NHFT
December 1st as a rough estimate?

I think last night Brooke said she figured that at their current pace they will reach NH about December 20th.

Dec. 20th!
Did someone say Flag Burning!??!!

He will probably be crossing in Brat.  Lauren will be out of the Hoosegow by then.