• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

Ron Helwig

Just an FYI on the 101 idea. What is currently 27 used to be 101. 27 parallels and criss-crosses 101 all the way from Manch to Hampton. I used to drive it all the time between Hampton and Raymond(/Deerfield) while building my house, because its a prettier drive.

So, he could walk all the way from Manch to Hampton on 27. He'd be passing probably less than a mile from the Travis place in Candia if he did.

error

If I were walking, I'd probably prefer 27 over 101.

Russell Kanning

AntonLee

I used to love the 'old 101' with all the crosses, high speeds, and no median.  I remember having to count all the crosses where people died on the way up to Camp Onway

Walk For Liberty

Kat Kanning

MikeforLiberty

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on November 18, 2008, 05:45 AM NHFT
last night stopped in Bethany, NY
Cool, looks like you will be walking through Texaco Town today. Maybe they have a refinery there you can video.

Lake effects snow in NY can be interesting, with wind in a steady direction the snow can pile up in a rather small area. Last year one town piled up 3-5 feet with nearby areas getting very little.

Peacemaker

I don't know if I'm too late to the Party but there's a great big house to have an "end of the road" party for Will on the Seacoast (Seabrook), 2 miles from the water that can be available if it could happen on a Fri. eve or better on Saturday (all day/night).

Walk For Liberty

MikeforLiberty

Quote from: Walk For Liberty on November 19, 2008, 05:14 AM NHFT
Last night - Avon, NY
It's beginning to look a bit like winter out there; 3-4 inches of snow near Ithaca.

Kat Kanning

Maybe Will would want to stop once he gets to NH?  It's not nice walking alongside the roads when they're piled with snow.

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Kat Kanning on November 19, 2008, 06:36 AM NHFT
Maybe Will would want to stop once he gets to NH?  It's not nice walking alongside the roads when they're piled with snow.
Thanks, but I haven't walked this far not to go all the way coast to coast! :)

Plus I won't miss a chance to have an extra party.  ;D

Walk For Liberty

Stopped tonight about 3-4 miles from Canandaigua.