• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet 'Walk For Liberty' at the NH Border

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2008, 07:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

cynthia

I keep telling as many people as I'm able about your walk.. We should have a parade assembled to accompany you by the time you get 2/3 through NH!  You don't mind, do you?   ;)

Walk For Liberty

Stopped today in Seneca Falls, NY.

BTW, our RV broke down.  It's stuck in the repair shop for the weekend, but thanks to the generosity of a local Ron Paul-supporting couple, I'm going to continue walking.  We're still intending to get to NH by Dec 6.

Peacemaker

That's great Will.  Hang in there and GO GO GO, You're almost home!

Russell Kanning

the walking must be brutal ... it is freezing out there

error

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 22, 2008, 06:32 PM NHFT

Once you get going you hardly notice. You may even get so warm you have to take off layers. When I was out hiking earlier this year I'd be down to my base layer (thin polypro shirt) as low as 35 degrees.

dalebert

I just picked up a warm scarf at Wal-mart for $5. It's nice for protecting your face from wind and stuph. They also have long-sleeve t-shirts for like $8 that you can layer with other stuph or thermal shirts for $10. Fancier thermal shirts from from about $15 to $17. The $17 ones are like for skiing and crap in really cold weather. They're probably overkill for most people just in it for an hour or two at a time, but for walking all day long in New England weather, might be useful.

MikeforLiberty

Met with Will yesterday, cool but just a little snow. Ended the day in Elbridge, NY. 6 degrees here last night.
maps.google.com

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Ron Helwig on November 17, 2008, 10:07 PM NHFT
Just an FYI on the 101 idea. What is currently 27 used to be 101. 27 parallels and criss-crosses 101 all the way from Manch to Hampton. I used to drive it all the time between Hampton and Raymond(/Deerfield) while building my house, because its a prettier drive.

So, he could walk all the way from Manch to Hampton on 27. He'd be passing probably less than a mile from the Travis place in Candia if he did.
Great idea!

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Peacemaker on November 18, 2008, 12:12 PM NHFT

I don't know if I'm too late to the Party but there's a great big house to have an "end of the road" party for Will on the Seacoast (Seabrook), 2 miles from the water that can be available if it could happen on a Fri. eve or better on Saturday (all day/night).
Not too late, sounds like a great idea!

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: cynthia on November 19, 2008, 09:55 PM NHFT
I keep telling as many people as I'm able about your walk.. We should have a parade assembled to accompany you by the time you get 2/3 through NH!  You don't mind, do you?   ;)
Thanks Cynthia!  Awesome, the more people the better. :)  Looking forward to meeting you!

Walk For Liberty

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 22, 2008, 06:32 PM NHFT
The main thing is my hands (especially my fingers)..they are very sensitive to the cold.  It doesn't help that I have to take them out of my mittens often to film...

Russell Kanning

Quote from: error on November 22, 2008, 07:09 PM NHFTWhen I was out hiking earlier this year I'd be down to my base layer (thin polypro shirt) as low as 35 degrees.
and then there is 23 for the high :-\

Walk For Liberty

I have some bad news....our RV is worse than we first had thought.  It turns out that our transmission is completely shot (apparently due to a shoddy job by whomever had replaced the engine in it before we bought it).  So we need a new (rebuilt) one, but unfortunately it won't come in till this next Monday, Dec 1.

After much consideration, we've decided to push back our arrival date to Saturday, Dec 13.  All the other details to remain the same.

I'm really sorry about this.  I hope this doesn't screw up any plans for anyone.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone though, but am bummed that it's going to be a week later!

Will

Mike Barskey

That sucks, but mainly because of the expense. One more week won't kill you - the extra anticipation will just sweeten the reward!

I'm still in for walking with you the full distance on Dec 13. I'll see you at the border.

dalebert